taultunleashed logoRunning 2 instances of DAOC and crashing : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Running 2 instances of DAOC and crashing : DAOC Discussion

Posted: March 1st, 2004, 6:32 am

Mysil
Mysil's Reps:
Hey just wondering if anyone else has experience problems running two instances of DAOC? My fiancee and I both run two toons each. Both have the exactly same computers. Maybe once a day on my computer, one instance will crash out and give me an error on the game.dll file. However on hers, she crashes randomly like every 15mins or so. We are running Windows XP home, on AMD Athalons XP 2200. ASUS A7N8X boards with 1 Gb DDR ram. GeForce4 4200 cards. Also each of us has one account open to TOA and the second account<friends> only open to SI. The crashes always are on the SI accounts. Could the problem be running two instances with diffrent expansions? Any thoughts?
Thanks

Posted: March 1st, 2004, 8:42 pm

Canadiantx69
Canadiantx69's Reps:
are you running both accounts through XUnleashed? if you are, then you will probably want to run both using the same game.dll (classic, SI or ToA). if not, i would still suggest running the same .dll .

Posted: March 2nd, 2004, 5:14 pm

Mysil
Mysil's Reps:
One account is TOA enabled, the other is only SI. However we have been running my fiancee's toons without Xunleashed and she still crashes. Using one SI and one TOA on my computer, with Xunleashed running, and I crash maybe once a day. Hers actually just reboots most of the time...only sometimes will it crash to windows. Thinking one of two things...maybe running two different enabled instances is bad. Or two something is wrong with her hardware. Maybe memory? We both have the identical computers, except she has a Geforce 4 with 64mb and I am running 128mb.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online