taultunleashed logoRunning two instances! : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Running two instances! : DAOC Discussion

Posted: February 21st, 2004, 8:45 am

shark
shark's Reps:
Ok now I love the 3.0 so far. But there is a small problem and im not sure if they intended this or if this was a bug. Before when I was running two instances I could start for ex. Mythic 1 with XU then when I get in game I could bring up XU and it worked great. Then I could tab out and start Mythic 2 (copy) and bring up XU while in that version and it would work as well. Now I can't do that cause it tells me that it is being used after about 15 min of it working and stops working on both instances until I reboot the whole dame thing. The way it was before was a great feature cause I would always have XU there for my PvE which is what I used it for the most. Now I have never tried to rip off XU. I have two subscriptions and have since I started using XU. Is there a way we can do this anymore or can it be fixed to recognize both subscriptions I have to it will work that way again if this was intentional? Just wondering..[:-banghead]

Posted: February 21st, 2004, 10:04 am

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Sounds like a bug. Hopefully RC7 will fix that.

Do not run two instances of XU just one. It should hook onto both games (on the same machine).

Posted: February 23rd, 2004, 8:30 pm

shark
shark's Reps:
Its not letting me do that. What you described is what I do and it tells me that my XU is being used from anouther location and locks me out! Then I have to reboot my whole system to get it to work again. I never had to do this before! Any suggestions I am very frustrated atm.

Posted: February 23rd, 2004, 9:02 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Again, sounds like a bug in RC6.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online