taultunleashed logoScript examples for DAoC? : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Script examples for DAoC? : DAOC Discussion

Posted: February 14th, 2004, 9:07 pm

Trajan
Trajan's Reps:
Anyone have a working hunter PvE script for DAoC?

If so I would like to see how it was put together so I could put one together myself for my Friar.

I have never made a script at all but I know I could get one up and running for myself if I had an example.

Posted: February 15th, 2004, 4:07 am

Admin
Admin's Reps:
There is a SWG hunter script that might you be able to modify for daoc.

Posted: February 15th, 2004, 12:54 pm

Trajan
Trajan's Reps:
ok found it an was looking at it.

Question:
Are the subroutines in the swg script workable in daoc? IE: the do not attack array?
That way I could set it up just like he did to only attack certain con'd mobs.
Also since I do not have text commands like /loot and /heal self do just have the script use key presses instead? IE: after a confirmed heal is needed off a GetPixel check I could then do DoCommand(/target "mycharsname") then do VRkeypress(1). (dont remember the exact syntax but I will check it of course) That would just press my hotkey one that has my heals in it.
That would continue until the healcheck = false.
Sound like this is feasable?

Also maybe someone could answer is there a sub like GoToLoc(x,y)? Or would I have to do a Docommand(/faceloc x,y) then do some sort of Run command until the chat logger sees that GoToLoc(x,y) and then I stop and start the con loop again? or would do the GoToLoc command after a few random kills so that it would recenter my self in a good pull spot?

How do I find out what commands are available to use in my script?

I know you can set up a trigger/macro to start a style off of a parry/block/evade but how would I word that in a script?

Also the F8(cyclenearestmob) key range is further then the in-game /stick(autofollow) how would I word or setup the script to deal with this problem? (nm, I might have to see if my ranged taunt is a shorter range then the F8 targeting too. I could just wait for the chat log to see that the attacked mob has swung at me before I engage right?)
Sorry for all the questions but I am going to attempt to have this one be my first script..

not gonna test the water just gonna go jump in the deep end.[:-bigeyes2]

Those are my first few questions heeh.

My next ones involve having to do with the begining of the script. Looks like you have to state all your constants and variables in the begning? along with opening certain files?

Posted: February 15th, 2004, 7:05 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
I am not familiar with the script, you would need to ask the script developer. I just thought you might be able to use it. :)

Now, for Daoc, you can use the DU Service to get some game data. See the other thread on using the DU Service for turntodir, get mob locs, etc.

Posted: February 15th, 2004, 11:43 pm

Devestator
Devestator's Reps:
It's prob going to be pretty hard to near impossible to adapt the swg hunter to a daoc hunter. The games are to entirely different and the services dont seem to have functions very similiar either.

Posted: February 15th, 2004, 11:46 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
The SWG hunter uses pure chat logging to hunt. I'm not sure if you can do the same thing with the daoc chat log.

Does daoc provide any useful information in its log?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online