taultunleashed logoSo can we or can we not run XU without ban on nf : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

So can we or can we not run XU without ban on nf : DAOC Discussion

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 7:10 am

lexigon
lexigon's Reps:
I have seen a few threads on here about mythics new "anti-hacker" software but am amazed no one has commented further on it. Has anyone been banned yet? Has it been confirmed that we can/cannot use xu anymore.

Any info would be helpeful, preferably from Wyvern or an adminestrator.

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 7:40 am

cyclone
cyclone's Reps:
I just recently jumped into XU website to read the new forums, but I have been running XU with my DAOC everyday so far. Haven't got in any trouble and not even a word from a CSR or anything. However, I don't have the map up yet, I am guessing the Admin is still working on that. I trust in his work though and would give him enough time to finish with his patch upgrade. But just like the admin said, he wouldn't recommend running XU for DAOC until he finishes his patch. So I not going to be using it, no point in risking it. I can survive for a few days off the warmap, not as big of deal as everyone seams to be making it.

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 7:46 am

lexigon
lexigon's Reps:
I am not worried about the down time. Just want to know if we will eventually be able to use it safely.

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 1:46 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I am going to go ahead and patch daoc.

Admin said his patch will be out in a day or so.

I dont know how safe it will be until admin's patch is ready.

I would not trust any other app that hooks into daoc either.

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 7:46 pm

Guest's Reps:
wow u guyz !@#$%^&* up in the DAOC department NF been out for a week now and no patching i qq IRL this is business we pay money u update program the end i highly doubt ill get another year once my year is up aka get on this issue now?

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 8:10 pm

stagemaster
stagemaster's Reps:
wow... obviously you haven't spent a lot of time here guest... basically wyv is pitting his l33t skillz against the best mythic has to offer! I for one am really smegging happy it's taking so long! why you ask (you would smeghead) because it means when it comes out and has the wyv stamp of aproval I WON'T GET BANNED! You wanna patch out right this minute? Enjoy the ban bish! Use yer head and lay off our favorite deity! All hail Wyv! heheheh

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 11:44 pm

reality150
reality150's Reps:
NF went live tuesday, and today is friday, you pay 20.00 a year for the program and forums. I dont think it is bad at all, and the program works its not down, if it were not working with daoc that would be another story but it does work, they are simply taking steps to make it safer because of accusations by mythic which have yet to be proven.

In my opinion they arent !@#$%^&* up in anyway it works fine, and just taking the extra precautions for your sake and ours.

Posted: June 26th, 2004, 1:07 am

jenxie
jenxie's Reps:
I say GEES, not even Mythic is done patching the servers and you already wan't a patch from XU... Chill dudes let Mythic finish the NF Patching cuz there's about 2 new patches every day with about 2x3hour downtime every singel day...

After Mythic has finished their !@#$%^&* i bet XU dude will patch ASAP!

Posted: June 26th, 2004, 5:59 am

davros
davros's Reps:
what i would like to know is why you have to pay to read the DAOC UNLEASHED forum?

i thought i already paid my year fee for the program.

that..i dont like. even if i only pay $20/year

Posted: June 26th, 2004, 6:21 am

bronco
bronco's Reps:
dav if u already paid u can have ur membership returned to premium just send an admin, they did mine fairly quick(took less than an hour). agree with the above poster mythic adding so many patches atm hard for XU to be on that schedual, at least he gets it done in 1 patch:) just my 2c

Posted: June 26th, 2004, 8:49 am

noobcake
noobcake's Reps:
My juggeth of STFU you whiney crying noobfuckwad has runneth over.

In case you complaining fags dont understand what STFU means i'll translate:

SHUT THE !@#$%^&* UP

and

wait.

Posted: June 26th, 2004, 8:56 am

columbos
columbos's Reps:
I will not chance it myself just waiting for the pros to do their jobs and enable me to do mine.
(killing noobs LOL)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online