taultunleashed logoTeleporting and Speedhacking - is it detectable? : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Teleporting and Speedhacking - is it detectable? : DAOC Discussion

Posted: February 18th, 2009, 12:35 am

jblackwell88

Total Posts: 1
jblackwell88's Reps: 1
I just figured out how to hack my position in 3D space, which is allowing me to teleport, but I haven't tried it over very long distances yet. I was just wondering, for the other hackers and utility writers out there, do you know if they detect this server-side? Sometimes games will just detect known programs in memory ( and mine is not known ) and other times they'll actually do some kind of statistical measure server side to see if you're crossing too much distance between positional updates. I am on the live servers. So far I've only used my teleport to rail myself around from place to place at normal run speed, teleporting 10 units 20 times a second, since I figure that would not be noticed, but I'm wondering if this is going to kill my account if I teleport long distances discretely ( i.e. not out of PVP ).

Posted: February 19th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
If its a private server no. But for teleporting and speedhacking DAOC can detect it normally. So id be careful to do that.

Posted: April 21st, 2009, 9:36 pm

ebonscar

Total Posts: 11
ebonscar's Reps: 1
I can think of quite a few ways to easily log such behavior, and I'm sure Mythic does. In fact, I'd bet that some pretty simple log analysis would reveal a good deal of the people using scripts and macros, but at this point in time DAOC's so old that it's just a cash cow.

The last time I got caught botting on live servers I only got a suspension (this was over a year ago) so they aren't even closing accounts unless you're egregiously interfering with gameplay. Used to be they'd perma-ban your acocunts on the 2nd offense.

Anyhow, messing with the data flow and violating normal game physics is way too obvious.

Posted: August 9th, 2009, 8:37 pm

alphaadept

Total Posts: 9
alphaadept's Reps: 2
premium
I used Cheat Engine and I got banned with-in 10 hours on a shard server. It had a option for speed hack which I didn't even use. Just running it and looking at the game.dll file I was busted. Not only did they ban me but when I push the admin he even told me that i was using cheat engine and he told me the version I was using.

If a shard server can see it im sure live will. Now I think Radar is safe for the most part because your just deciphering packets and your not sending them back. Funny cuz I used the radar here for months before for the new daoc update and I NEVER got caught. Its only when I was messing with the game memory I got caught.

Posted: March 20th, 2010, 6:41 pm

manic2010

Total Posts: 6
manic2010's Reps: 5
Lots of free shards are run or helped by former mythic employees.

Posted: September 20th, 2011, 5:53 pm

dwaadwaa

Total Posts: 2
dwaadwaa's Reps: 1
if u need speedhack on freeshard or official serveur and no ban, don't use Enable Speehack on CheatEngine(6.0 undtectable),

use Offset in cheat engine:
use: Adress manually
check Pointer.
Adress of pointer: "game.dll"+007A2CC0 Offset(Hex) 34

modifie value, and enjoy, speedhack no ban.
just other player report you. just this.

i work for radar i find a dev: add me new_radar_daoc@hotmail.fr
i speak french, sorry for bad english

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online