taultunleashed logowhat kind of scripting is used to make radar : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

what kind of scripting is used to make radar : DAOC Discussion

Posted: June 2nd, 2007, 1:01 pm

reptromiki
reptromiki's Reps:
anyone know??

Posted: April 19th, 2008, 2:22 pm

unidyne
unidyne's Reps:
There's no "scripting" - you have to actually use a programming language like C. You basically are grabbing the network packets coming to the PC from DAoC and extracting the vector information for all the players/NPCs.

Posted: September 15th, 2008, 5:57 am

ace_of_clubs
ace_of_clubs's Reps:
Mythic began encrypting packets a few years ago, so I don't know if it's still possible to read them.

It might be more practical to read the packets from inside the client's address space after the client decrypts them.

In addition to a C compiler, you'd need a reverse-engineering debugger like OllyDbg and lots and lots of patience. :) But it would be a fun project, and you'd learn a lot about programming.

If you decide to play around with this, be warned that Mythic has shut down accounts permanently simply for running the client while it's attached to the debugger. Before you run game.dll you'd need to remove or hook the calls that check for an attached debugger.

Posted: April 21st, 2009, 9:42 pm

ebonscar

Total Posts: 11
ebonscar's Reps: 1
I doubt you can jump into the middle of the stream like you used to... it's going to be a randomized handshaking of asymmetric keys. Not worth the time to even try. For someone who really knows what they're doing you can attach to another processes memory and read the data directly out of the game's working data. However, that takes some *serious* doing. I know how it works in theory, but the hard part is reverse engineering the game executable and finding out how to piggyback your own data sniffer.

The only problem is that the data you then operate with is beyond the normal scope of what a player is presented. I do believe that some of Mythic's anti-radar code has to do with analyzing this gap in data and figuring out which players are operating beyond normal capacity. Of course, that's just wild speculation on my part... but I can think of a couple ways it could be done without putting undue strain on the client. Just because Mythic has never declared they do something like Blizzard's Warden doesn't mean they don't have a little bit of anti-cheat snooping code embedded in their game.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online