taultunleashed logoWhy are all the guest accounts asking what is wyv gonna do? : DAOC Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 16 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Why are all the guest accounts asking what is wyv gonna do? : DAOC Discussion

Posted: June 18th, 2004, 12:59 pm

reality150
reality150's Reps:
If you have an xunleashed account then you would have access to what he has to say, and you obviously dont so why are you asking in the first place, you dont have the program?

Posted: June 18th, 2004, 1:09 pm

averad
averad's Reps:
dooes this really need to be a topid of its own?

Posted: June 18th, 2004, 1:56 pm

kitkat
kitkat's Reps:
did you ever think they might be asking to see if would work before they buy it. i for one would not want to buy for use with daoc with the upcoming release of nf and then find out it doesn't work.

good grief are you peeps always so paranoid??

Posted: June 18th, 2004, 2:05 pm

averad
averad's Reps:
also with all the people that are transfering over from the old board alot of people dont have there premium accounts setup yet. I think its best if we let Admin do his job and we just leave it at that.

On a side not will someone please get the script im requesting in the documentation form :(

Posted: June 18th, 2004, 7:46 pm

joe_beau
joe_beau's Reps:
Some of our accounts as "premium" have not been moved over and we're still interested in how a product we paid for is going to be supported.

If you require more detail please feel free to PM me.

Posted: June 18th, 2004, 9:10 pm

reality150
reality150's Reps:
premium or not dont need guest name :?

Posted: June 18th, 2004, 11:51 pm

Guest's Reps:
can't post here with my old acc...

mail, pass, nickname all incorrect.. and xunleashed isnt working.. crasehs to desktop all the time

Posted: June 19th, 2004, 4:30 pm

catzman6
catzman6's Reps:
reality needs a reality check who made you forum police anyway?
Why is it your concern how someone logs in or what they ask?
Get over your problems and stop posting on everyone post just to act like your incharge try acting grown up and post when you have something intelligent to say.

Posted: June 19th, 2004, 9:03 pm

reality150
reality150's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:26 pm Post subject: Can someone please let us know what Wyvern will do for NF?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will wyvern's counter be for the new " technology" Sanya was talking about in NF. Please copy paste from the other topic if he said something in there, as a lot of us are unable to view it.

this is what i was referring to, we know mythic checks these boards and many others just was wondering why someone with a guest name not even free account was asking what his counter would be rather then when is he fixing it.

Posted: June 20th, 2004, 3:11 pm

xfuzion
xfuzion's Reps:
If mythic is so pettified by a 25 dollar fee a year to crack down on the biggest radar program in the game I doubt they would be trying to scare all of you..

I mean really.. if they want to read what wyvern is doing I'm sure they have bought this program and read even the premium membership boards..

$25 for a huge corporation gaming company is nothing.. nada nill. that is like a penny to us.

And I hope to all hell you all get banned for cheating.

GUEST ANNONYMOUSE FOR THE WIN!

Posted: June 20th, 2004, 6:29 pm

xxnnyxx
xxnnyxx's Reps:
legally they cant use the program. and im sure wyv has all of Mythic's IPs so if they even tried it would be lawsuit time

Posted: June 21st, 2004, 3:22 pm

reality150isanass
reality150isanass's Reps:
Good job reality150 on being an internet forum tough guy.

We are all mightily impressed with your ability to ferret out Mythic's employee's.

Your the savour of everyone on these boards.

Posted: June 21st, 2004, 5:52 pm

einheri
einheri's Reps:
xxnnyxx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
legally they cant use the program. and im sure wyv has all of Mythic's IPs so if they even tried it would be lawsuit time

Omg, you're right, Mythic would never think of having an employee look from home.

Posted: June 21st, 2004, 9:12 pm

reality150
reality150's Reps:
LOL, they can pay the 25.00 no doubt but admin does have things such as a eula also which by mythics terms would be in violation by being in the private forums rather then the free forums, in doing so giving up there rights by the EULA lol, but just isnt a smart thing to do by posting things in open forums, its like me telling you how and when im gonna kick your A__, if ya knew that dont ya think you could prevent it ? lol

Tough guy? nah, just find it funny that someone couldnt even make a free account to ask what wyv was gonna do to COUNTER it rather then when.

i personally wouldnt tell anyone what i was doing to counter it but then again not my program if wyv wants everyone to know im sure he will tell them :D

Posted: June 22nd, 2004, 5:31 am

dreams
dreams's Reps:
I do have a concern about this new NF "drive scan" software not so much from Mythics end but from other unknown that may choose to exploit the fact that you have a drive scan software installed on a game. Any of you remeber the backdoor on Doom that the programmers left and how it was also found by third parties and is still expoited to seize control of information on victims comps today. However I do have another concern from Mythic's end just by them putting thast software into game I placing a lot of trust in a lot of people I do not know that hide behind a company name that they will not take adavantage of this drive scan software. Power corrupts all!!!! Some people are in prison or have no comps anymore for doing the very same activity of scanning another persons drive. Will this rive scan traverse drives? will it only reside memory resident and scan the memory space of DAOC. I would say fine let it scan DAOC mem space but I am doing RAM dumps on game to keep your drive scan out of mem. whether I cheat or not is not the question the question is DAOC allowing a window of oppurtunity for some that is willing to abuse that software, Identity theft is no laghing matter and invasion of privacy is nothing to joke about .. no user agreement can protect a company on privacy problems no matter what a user agrees to.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online