taultunleashed logomissys grab bag! from the herald : DAOC News
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

missys grab bag! from the herald : DAOC News

Posted: July 22nd, 2006, 11:36 pm

greg2990
greg2990's Reps:
Long has this Community Minion waited for the day when I could sneak into Sanya's territory and write my OWN (albeit rather short) Grab Bag! Mwahahaha!

Essence Flare doesn’t stack with the Warden Heal Procs (both Nurture and Regrowth). Is this a bug? If not, why was it designed this way?

According to The Big Wheel, “This is not a bug. You cannot have two offensive proc buffs up at once by design. Both spells are offensive proc buffs, hence unable to be up concurrently.”

Would it be possible to add a run-speed potion to the game?

I sent this one to the Content King, who said: “This is one of those tricky items. It’s something we’d like to add, but we have to be careful because that sort of thing would impede on the territory of run speed classes. The idea has been under discussion on and off for awhile now. If it was added, the potion would probably offer a lower bonus, similar to what’s available from hasteners in New Frontiers.”

Is the LEVEL of a buff considered in the resist-calculation of a buff shear? For example, a +25% yellow dex/qui buff will cap a player’s 155 dex (with yellow base dex as well, of course), and therefore many prefer to save concentration by using those lower-level buffs.

Says the Programmer-Whose-Nickname-I-Don’t-Know: “Buff Shears do not directly take the level of the buff-to-shear into consideration. Instead, Buff Shears are able to shear a certain amount of bonus stat points. If the buff being sheared has bonus stat points higher than the Buff Shear can shear, it will fail. However, the amounts that Buff Shears can shear is very high. So high, in fact, that I'd be surprised if they fail very often.

In the given situation, you've probably been resisting Buff Shears due to normal spell resistances (buff shears usually have a 'body' damage type).”

Can you make it easier to create higher quality Spellcrafting gems more often?

According to the Tradeskill Goddess: “We're looking at many, many changes to our Tradeskill system as part of the tradeskill revamp, and this is one of the things on the list.”

Are we going to get more character slots in the new expansion?

Keep in mind that a lot can happen between now and launch that may change this answer, but the inside buzz is that tentatively 2 new slots are in the plans.

I have to thank San Diego for whisking Sanya away this week so that I could sneak in my very first Grab Bag. If you’re in the area, I hope you’re planning to go and visit her at Dave and Buster's along with the Moderately Evil Overlord and the Content King. Here are the details: http://roundtable.darkageofcamelot.com/ ... ndiego.php These events are always a ton of fun, so go! Eat! Drink! Be merry!

The Ohio Roundtable was a blast, and I’d like to thank the folks who turned up and asked us lots of interesting questions and made some great suggestions. I answered what I could here, and the rest were passed up for investigation and discussion.

As Sanya mentioned last week, I had a horribly exciting night in the ER after I came back from Ohio, which resulted in some emergency surgery. (Imagine the joy on my face when the doctor informed me I'd be spending Fourth of July weekend in the hospital. Sigh.) Anyway, I’m feeling great now, and I wanted to thank everyone for all of the well-wishes you sent; I believe they helped my quick recovery. I missed everyone a lot, and I’m really, really glad to be back.

I know that things have been quiet lately, but rest assured that the Camelot team has been working hard on the next patch and the expansion. Expansion info is still forthcoming, but I'm told it will be 'soon'. 1.85 is slated to start next week, tentatively scheduled for Thursday. As always, things may change between now and then, so knock on wood and keep an eye on the Herald for updates.

I’m not one for slushies, but the swimming pool and a good book have been taunting me all week. Keep cool this weekend, have fun, and be safe

Posted: July 22nd, 2006, 11:36 pm

greg2990
greg2990's Reps:
was from 7/21/06

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online