taultunleashed logoCave Shaman guide. : DAOC Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Cave Shaman guide. : DAOC Submissions

Posted: August 11th, 2006, 9:11 am

retardo
retardo's Reps:
Ok first off I would like to start out by saying I have a RR6 cave shaman. Cave shamans are fairly hard to work but if you read this guide you can become probably twice as good as you are now at them.

Ok lets first pick a spec.

My Spec

46 Cave Magic, rest Augmentation.

This gets you pretty much everything in Cave Line and up to blue specs in Augmentation. I find it very useful because of extra damage in Cave.

Other Cave Specs

Some go 50 Cave Magic 20 Augmentation but I suggest not doing it because the green specs are terrible.

Also some go 41 Cave Magic and the rest aug for the yellow specs which I also do not agree with because you lose damage and you lose the red aoe dot.

Bar Setup

Ok first off lets setup your quick bar. I personally put up my bar like this:

First Bar
Sprint
Heal
Bolt
DD
single target dot
single target disease
aoe dot
aoe disease
pbae insta disease
aoe root

Second Bar
This will be your buff bar. I suggest putting all your buffs on this bar and that should fill the whole bar.

Third Bar
minor heal
group heal
resurrection

then the rest I would leave open for RA's.

Tactics

This is how you work a shaman. If the mob/player is blue I normally just use a bolt, dot and then when they get close insta disease then hit sprint and kite. Pretty much this uses very little mana and you can do it almost all day without rest. Yellow and higher I use Bolt, DD, dot, target disease, then if the disease is resisted I use pbae disease then sprint away. If your dot was resisted when you get far enough away I suggest to root your target and Bolt, DD, Dot again.

The trick to shamans is to always remember that your job as a soloer is to kite. If you do not kite you will not kill anyone at anytime unless you get crits or the person/mob really sucks.

In A Group

In A Group your job is mainly Rooting, Diseasing, dot'ing and backup healing. Remember you do not need to be the main healer unless there is no other healer possibly available. Group heal does the trick if ya got a couple of oranges on your group. The trick is to spam the heal then pbae disease and sprint/kite away. That way your groupcan normally take the other mobs while you have the others kited. If you get enough space between you and the mobs hit face and then ae root them. This works very nicely and are always welcomed back into groups.

Where to Level

This is always asked of in every MMORPG in the world almost lol. The trick to leveling is to make sure your mobs cannot get you trapped and make sure to try to stay away from caves. They are not very nice to shamans unfortunetly since we need to kite. 1-20 do kill tasks I'd say. Then 20-26 I suggest doing instances. Then 26-50 I did DF. (Remember this is back about 3.5 years ago). DF was very nice because you have mobs that drop great cash, seals that provide armor and great XP. Plus There are tons of mobs to kill and most of the mobs do not move exceptionally fast.

This wraps up Retardo's guide on Cave Shamans. Cya around.[/u][/b]

Posted: August 11th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: August 12th, 2006, 5:10 am

nightmarez84
nightmarez84's Reps:
Cave Shamans............ NO

Posted: August 12th, 2006, 10:49 am

retardo
retardo's Reps:
Cave Shamans rock...

Posted: August 13th, 2006, 6:20 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: August 14th, 2006, 2:04 pm

retardo
retardo's Reps:
/yay! woops can't yay myself -.-

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online