taultunleashed logoNot a submission - an example of a real bot. : DAOC Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

Not a submission - an example of a real bot. : DAOC Submissions

Posted: April 21st, 2009, 9:26 pm

ebonscar

Total Posts: 11
ebonscar's Reps: 1
I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit of loudmouth bragging, but I've not seen any bots that really compare with the one I wrote. I'm attaching a screenshot so you can get an idea of just how much stuff it actually does. It's currently grinding away on a server where the admins will perma-ban anyone at the drop of a hat, and they haven't caught it yet.

I've modified the screenshot a bit so I don't give away some of the big hints of how I made it all work... although you can see that I've got a custom UI that the bot uses to read the screen. It's really too bad that I didn't write this five years ago (although I wasn't skilled enough to do it then) because I could have made a small fortune selling accounts on ebay.

Ah well.

/wave

-ebonscar

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: May 14th, 2009, 11:05 am

ebonscar

Been working away on this in my spare time. This screencap shows just how far along things have gotten, with the biggest advance being network communication between multiple bots. At some point I'm going to have to try to get close to a full group of bot running on one of the free shards.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: May 28th, 2009, 8:50 am

topherfawstur

Total Posts: 39
topherfawstur's Reps: 5
I don't see a link to test your software out...

Posted: January 23rd, 2010, 1:36 am

ebonscar

The bot I wrote will always remain private and will never be distributed to the public. This is for many reasons, not least of which is that Mythic/EA would easily detect and ban anyone using the bot if they got their hands on a copy of the bot. I use it for personal programming practice and screwing around on free shards. Having the bot available to the public would get really ugly really fast... and result in a lot of bans. You don't think that Mythic/EA doesn't sign up for Tault accounts and comb through all the latest cheats every so often? I'm sure as hell that Blizzard would...

Anyhow, I've been busy working on it again lately. Here's a screencap of a small group out grinding away on redcaps. I've pixelated all the character and chat info to protect the guilty.

(I just noticed that the bot had just cleared it's target, but still thinks the Skald is still targeted. FYI: I discarded using a custom UI and doing screen-scrapes and now just hook the game.dll process and read values directly from memory. It's much, much faster that way.)

Posted: January 23rd, 2010, 1:50 am

ebonscar

If it isn't clear from the screencap: It shows five separate accounts logged in, and each is running the bot on its own computer. They are all connected to a server in my basement that is running a "master" that passes the network updates to all connected clients. This means a healer can call for help and the tanks in the group will stop, assist, and pull mobs off of them.

The network communications are also how each bot knows where the other bots are in the zone. They pass X/Y coordinates back and forth, so they can move together as a group without having to /stick the leader.

Believe it or not, I set up a full circle of about 120 waypoints around the Circle of Five dungeon and ran a 5-man all night long. In the morning they had about 10 plat worth of gems to sell and had gained several champion levels.

Let's see someone beat that with AutoIt.

Posted: January 23rd, 2010, 3:08 am

rambaldi

Total Posts: 18
rambaldi's Reps: 4
This thread is pointless.

Posted: January 23rd, 2010, 11:25 am

ebonscar

rambaldi (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This thread is pointless.

Not entirely. It proves that point that any "Bot" based upon Auto-It or KeyText is just a kiddie script and is unworthy of being deemed a bot. It also proves that you can write a very good bot in Visual Basic. (VB.net, VStudio 2008, using .net 3.5 and IP*Works .net edition.)

Anyone who thinks they can release a bot to the public and not get slapped down hard (click for the link) is fooling themselves. The "bots" and scripts that are made public will result in bans, and any real exploits will be patched in the next cycle.

Posted: January 23rd, 2010, 2:40 pm

rambaldi

ebonscar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Not entirely. It proves that point that any "Bot" based upon Auto-It or KeyText is just a kiddie script and is unworthy of being deemed a bot. It also proves that you can write a very good bot in Visual Basic. (VB.net, VStudio 2008, using .net 3.5 and IP*Works .net edition.)

Anyone who thinks they can release a bot to the public and not get slapped down hard (click for the link) is fooling themselves. The "bots" and scripts that are made public will result in bans, and any real exploits will be patched in the next cycle.
Visual Basic is pretty much script-kiddie language too so lol..

Glider was a paybot not a public release really..

Posted: January 23rd, 2010, 10:12 pm

ebonscar

VB.net is a script-kiddie language?

Ah, I see.

That explains why I was able to port a keystroke library written in C++ to VB.net. It explains why I am able to hook the kernel functions and sniff game process memory directly. It explains why I've been able to create a profile-driven configuration using XML files for keyboard layouts, waypoint runs, auto-chat data keys, inventory cleaning rules, a simple data table of indestructible items, and key pixel elements used for the few interactions that still require mouse clicks on specific targets. It explains why I have been able to create a finite state machine so flexible that it mimics a human player rather effectively. It explains why network communications between the clients allows it to handle BAF mob groups far more effectively than one guy madly switching from PC to PC.

Thank you. I just didn't realize how poor a choice of language it was. I'll make sure to do all my future coding in a language that qualifies, in your mind, as a robust adult coding platform. Thank god your expert opinion has forever turned me from the unremitting evil that is a fully functional compiled development language with access to all of the same common runtime libraries as C++ (or C#, or C, or Java) but having a different language syntax.

MY SOUL IS FOREVER FREED OF THIS TORMENT!

(Actually, no. Just kidding.)

Posted: January 24th, 2010, 2:19 am

rambaldi

I didn't know you was so sensitive about a script-language. Sorry for making you cry.

Posted: January 24th, 2010, 10:21 pm

ebonscar

It's all these internet meanies, you see. If they don't validate my petty opinions it forces me to be casually demeaning and dismissive, which so soothes my tiny little ego.

Thanks for being such an understanding soul. It's so nice to chat with someone so unlike the rest of the vicious children that seethe in every nook and cranny of the internet.

/wave & /cry

Posted: June 30th, 2010, 1:18 pm

rubbish20

Total Posts: 47
rubbish20's Reps: 0
whats the client that your using on that ? looks like 1 i've used awhile back

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online