taultunleashed logoShould We Move To Premium? : DFO - General / Guide - Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 

Should We Go Premium?
Yes It Helps Keep and Get Better Info 49%  49%  [ 22 ]
No! I like it free. 51%  51%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 45
blue large dot

Should We Move To Premium? : DFO - General / Guide - Discussions

Posted: March 3rd, 2009, 5:02 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
We are always trying to make the site better and its user controlled. Recently we have been getting private messages about members mad their submitted things are being shared. So we are asking members if they would like us to move this section to premium only.

If we do go premium only a good chunk of members in this area that are constant posters will get premium.

The cons and pros are here.

Pro
- Information wont be leaked and potentially shared.
- More people will share information due to them wanting to get in on the goods.
- Gives us more money for programmers to help the site grow in terms of apps and other things.

Cons
- Umm you have to submit info, post alot, or donate to the site to join?

Feel free to add information here.

Last edited by Tault_admin on March 12th, 2009, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: March 4th, 2009, 12:32 pm

deadye

Total Posts: 47
deadye's Reps: 1
I'm new to this site, I voted yes for the reason that if you do make it a paid website, that you do indeed get a tighter nit group of people who will be more open to share, but you will also get a lot of people who if the subscribe and it isn't what they wanted it becomes a lot more drama. I say this from when !@#$%^&* . com was actually a good site (Pre-cu SWG), was amazing 10 - 30 people constantly posting there hot spots / exploits and then all these kiddies started joining, inflating the owners pockets, he started caring less the veterans stopped posting because there were so many people and a lot less posters. There also becomes the issue of people creating one account, and a whole other site starts using the same info for their free site.

It's hard to make that decision between being a paid site and a free one.

I just thought I would toss my few cents in since I finally got my copy today will be contributing to this site, and no other.

Posted: March 4th, 2009, 12:53 pm

henrikgud

Total Posts: 212
henrikgud's Reps: 5
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
this is for sure a hard question...
I voted NO. I post when I think I have good info to give to the community, but I would not pay to be abel to give out this info. But its as u say deadye will be less leeachers and the ppls that are left will probably give more.

Posted: March 4th, 2009, 7:07 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
- deadye - Yea i agree deadye but we are always trying to make things better. With a teleporter for darkfall and more. Such as warmate so people will submit stuff for access to that.

- henrikgud - yea its a pro and con situation. However keep in mind posting is just one method. If you want premium we have so many ways that people saying paying is a mute point to me. http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/ab ... asily.html . Just want you to know. I mean if you post 300 posts you can get premium. Or just make starter guides with some pics and its an easy premium.

Keep up the posts everyone so we can decide what we should do. The site is and always will be a democracy. :)

Posted: March 5th, 2009, 5:22 pm

darkmaka

Total Posts: 18
darkmaka's Reps: 0
When should this game move to prenium?

Posted: March 6th, 2009, 5:42 am

dabladest

Total Posts: 191
dabladest's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
I would say it should be moved to premium a little later.
At the moment there is nothing of real value in here anyway.

A good move might be to get some hits due to it not being premium and then move it up later so people who will subscribe know what is expecting them.

Posted: March 8th, 2009, 6:28 am

sk420

Total Posts: 163
sk420's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
I Like Tault because it Offers Content that members who arent premium can get and contribute. This would change and not be nemore so i voted no. Darkfall is not WoW not a huge community atleast not yet Give it a few months or a year and then do it :) maybe wel have some good knoledge and tricks.

Posted: March 8th, 2009, 8:00 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
darkmaka - im confused with what you posted.
Dabladest - when we have it so premium members get a working speedhack that should be good enough.
sk420 - true but people are less likely to share when they cant get everything we have. We will have a bot that members can use as well which should be something people enjoy and makes premium here worth it.

Waiting for some more votes keep up the good work.

Posted: March 11th, 2009, 6:12 pm

celestrian

Total Posts: 27
celestrian's Reps: 1
I voted no.

First off, it was most likely because I'm a bit selfish and ain't a premium user (yet at least)... :shock:

Secondly, I think it's a bit too early. You should try to get some more info that's really worth saving before going premium. What's the point of going premium before you have more info that's worth keeping safe and secret?

Most of the information here is probably easily found elsewhere at the moment. If there are dupes, more recepies, non-detectable bots/hacks... Then there's a bigger advantage at keeping stuff secret. At the moment, I really don't see the point.

Posted: March 12th, 2009, 9:29 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
I agree with you and we have gotten a app that is worth it now. DFOMate has been released so we have speed hacks and more for users to enjoy. Anyways be sure to join premium one way or another any enjoy DFOMate

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online