taultunleashed logoworking radar yet for darkfall? : DFO - General / Guide - Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

working radar yet for darkfall? : DFO - General / Guide - Discussions

Posted: May 31st, 2009, 4:20 am

erin erin

Total Posts: 2
erin erin's Reps: 0
im interesting in getting an account, always had one for daoc as well.

is there a similar radar program around for darkfall online?

Posted: June 2nd, 2009, 6:10 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Down the road yes, but as it stands they are detectable and we tend to only release things that keeps on community safe.

Posted: June 3rd, 2009, 9:15 am

itsicarus

Total Posts: 95
itsicarus's Reps: 264
premium
Radar isn't detectable...

Posted: June 15th, 2009, 6:16 am

devestator

Total Posts: 64
devestator's Reps: 2
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
I used to use XUnleashed a lot back in DAOC days and have been watching these forums waiting for a radar to come out here to use again. But have not posted in a long while before now. Any ETA on when one will be released here?

The above post is not entirely accurate saying it is not detectable but it is very hard to detect. Since it's entirely a client side process and no memory manipulation (only reading) is required the only way you should be caught using a radar is by your own stupidity or if they add a program that snoops what other programs are doing.

There are quite a few working radars out there already, but I'm still hoping one is released on this site before to much longer rather than using one of them.

Posted: June 17th, 2009, 5:13 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Right now i can tell you its coming very soon.

Posted: June 19th, 2009, 7:19 am

datsyuk

Total Posts: 8
datsyuk's Reps: 0
It's already out there....been out since april at the least. It's currently subscription based, works fine and undetactable as far as anyone can tell.

Posted: June 19th, 2009, 9:33 am

tault_frosaly

Total Posts: 19
tault_frosaly's Reps: 0
Out there where?

I bet the minute it hits this forum, it gets fixed next patch.

Posted: June 19th, 2009, 6:24 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
@devestator hey long time no see.

I had been waiting on dfo to work on it since I could never get an account, got tired of waiting, and have been working on other things, mainly a good wow bot lately. I havnt heard much about dfo since the horrible review it has been getting from different sites. FIggured it was going bye-bye.. Is it worth supporting?

Posted: June 20th, 2009, 8:22 am

madzoko2

Total Posts: 258
madzoko2's Reps: 712
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
yes, very good game

Posted: June 22nd, 2009, 7:16 am

bobflip

Total Posts: 21
bobflip's Reps: 0
premium
It's the best game out since UO and Asheron's Call 1. Does it have issues, sure. But the battles are like nothing you've ever done in AC or UO in terms of the number of players in the same fighting field.

Check out You Tube for some of the latest "epic" fights in DF.

The slow down in the game is due to the annouced release of a NA server.

Posted: June 24th, 2009, 2:19 am

devestator

premium
wyvernx (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
@devestator hey long time no see.

I had been waiting on dfo to work on it since I could never get an account, got tired of waiting, and have been working on other things, mainly a good wow bot lately. I havnt heard much about dfo since the horrible review it has been getting from different sites. FIggured it was going bye-bye.. Is it worth supporting?

Hey Wyv, nice to see you again :)

DFO has great potential, it's really going to depend on Aventurine. It has some issues, and the PVE is pretty non-existant atm. But it has the best PVP that I've found in any MMO since DAOC.

Aventurine has not really communicated anything with the DFO community in a few weeks now, so a lot of people are sitting on the edge of their seats waiting on the next patch to see where the game is going. The population is without a doubt dwindling atm, some waiting for NA servers to release and not putting anymore time into EU server characters. Others are tired of waiting on a patch or at least some communication from Aventurine.

So I can't really state wether it's worth supporting at this point. I just started my second month on the game last week, and I can say it's going to depend on the next couple of weeks wether I renew for my third month or not. I really do enjoy the game and as I said, it has great potential, but so did Age of Conan and I'm sure you saw or heard about how badly the developers of that game destroyed it lol.

All that said, honestly if I were the one coding it Wyv, if it took more than a few hours a week effort then I would not do it yet until I see what happens in the next couple of weeks pre-NA launch.

Posted: June 24th, 2009, 12:59 pm

devestator

premium
Just another update for you, they finally posted some news today on whats coming up.

The NA Server is launching on July 7th. The first week of July they are supposingly releasing a free expansion patch that is supposed to have a lot of features for both PVE and PVP.

The bad thing is they are going to loose a lot of subs because the way they worked the deal with the NA company for Darkfall is people that are rerolling at the start of the server on July 7th have to buy an entirely new client. Three months after launch EU server characters can pay to transfer, without posessions, to the NA server (they don't have to buy a new client but have to pay a transfer cost). Further restrictions will apply as well but they have not stated what those restrictions are yet.

It's really going to depend on this patch that they release next week wether I continue to play or not. So I'd suggest seeing what this patch brings before starting any work on Darkfall Wyv.

Posted: July 19th, 2009, 4:55 pm

dragonsbreath

Total Posts: 5
dragonsbreath's Reps: 0
so ... radars

anyone got any links to any radars at all?

Posted: July 20th, 2009, 5:54 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
dragonsbreath we have one in development and thats all im going to say at the moment. If you look at mmoviper you can see plenty of games have radars, its just we tend to want to make sure we wont get people banned before we release something out in the open.

Posted: July 31st, 2009, 7:09 am

jjackson

Total Posts: 1
jjackson's Reps: 0
Taking the time to release an item that won't get us banned is much appreciated.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online