taultunleashed logoDarkfall Online WeaponCrafting Guide for Greataxes : Darkfall Online - Submissions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Darkfall Online WeaponCrafting Guide for Greataxes : Darkfall Online - Submissions

Posted: February 27th, 2009, 4:00 pm

sk420

Total Posts: 163
sk420's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Q&A:
-----
Q: Is this really all the greataxes in game?
A: Don't know. It is all the weapons a beginner weaponsmith can see after purchasing the skill

Q: Why did you do greataxes?
A: I like axes, they look badass

Q: Why didn't you do swords or polearms since they are more popular
A: See above, also, eat a bag of !@#$%^&*

Q: Only some show hammers in the ingredient list, why is this?
A: A hammer is required to craft weapons, if it isn't shown its because I scrolled the list to see more of the ingredients. Hammers are not "consumed" when you craft, but they do take a durability hit and will eventually break.

Q: You have axe X in rank 20, are you sure about that?
A: Most likely no. Based on axes I've seen and used i placed axes with the same cost in the same rank category. It seems like a good assumption but it is still only an assumption.

Q: Why didn't you list damage stats?
A: You don't get to see a weapons stats until you craft it. And then the stats vary based on your skill. At 0 skill they will be worse than mob drops, at higher skill they will be better, sometimes by quite a bit.

Q: Can you really craft all the axes shown here?
A: Well no. Just like you can't create other races mounts, you can't make their weapons either. So weapons with a racial name other than your own probably aren't craftable. Its definitely true for rank 0 axes

Q: Can you explain weapon ranks.
A: From a crafting standpoint, you can make rank 10 weapons when you hit 25 skill. From a enduser standpoint I think using a rank 10 weapon with less than 25 skill does less damage and causes the weapon to degrade faster but I'm not sure on this. Based on this assumption you would want the melee mastery skill to use weapons above rank 40. I'm going to stop there before I make to many more guesses. I'm not sure anyone has the real answers to weapons and rank yet.

Q: Will you ever post other weapons?
A: Probably not any time soon. Taking those screenshots is a bit of a pain. The GUI actually flickers, its not perceptible to the human eye but you take a SS, alt tab to check it and find one or more GUI elements are not there. You just have to keep trying till you get it. About 50% of the time the crafting GUI was missing and I had to take the shot again, and sometimes again...

Rank 0 Great Axes

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Rank 10 Great Axes

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Rank 20 Great Axes

Rank 30 Great Axes

Rank 40 Great Axes

Rank 50 and Up Great Axes

This is a nice Darkfall Online Weaponcrafting Guide that i found while browsing darkfall forums it also includes the different levels of Greataxes Aswell as picture

It was Written by Doug of
http://darkfallforum.net

Posted: February 27th, 2009, 9:32 pm

4play28

Total Posts: 49
4play28's Reps: 0
Thanks for the post! I am a 2H axe user myself if at all possible. nice post

Posted: February 27th, 2009, 9:46 pm

sk420

Active User > 50 Posts
glad i could help im looking for more on other weapons

Posted: March 3rd, 2009, 1:21 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Hey sk420 is this by you?

Posted: March 3rd, 2009, 5:14 pm

deadye

Total Posts: 47
deadye's Reps: 1
n/m saw the same post in about 3 different forums, but I believe original is the one he posted.
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
It was Written by Doug of
http://darkfallforum.net

Posted: March 8th, 2009, 6:22 am

sk420

Active User > 50 Posts
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey sk420 is this by you?

Thats a No Just trying to get some good info for others here on tault :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online