taultunleashed logoGreat escape technique! : Darkfall Online - Submissions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 14 posts ] 
blue large dot

Great escape technique! : Darkfall Online - Submissions

Posted: April 12th, 2010, 1:22 pm

sathyro

Total Posts: 9
sathyro's Reps: 1
I and my friends just figured out this one some time ago. This little trick will let you escape really easily, by using simple game mechanics. You will need to do some preparations first though;

Have atleast 4 guys standing behind you with their starter weapons out. You need to have a mount infront of you, and you need to be ready to mount up. You now want the 4 persons behind you to knockback you at the same time. As soon as all the knockbacks land, you mount up on the mount. You can now run around, attack people mounted etc. DO NOT DISMOUNT.

The thing is, as soon as you dismount now, all the knockback effects will kick in at the same time, making you fly far as !@#$%^&* straight forward. This will make it really effective if someone shoots down your mount; you will fly so far that you will have regenerated and rebuffed when you engage them again.

I tried this today in a 2v5, and when my battlehorn dropped, I flied far ontop of a mountain, managed to heal up and recover stamina, and nuked the enemies that was on 40 - 50% from the mounted fighting.

Posted: April 13th, 2010, 5:50 am

brockssn

Total Posts: 38
brockssn's Reps: 1
premium
LMAO i'm gonna have to try this one

Posted: April 13th, 2010, 6:18 am

madzoko2

Total Posts: 258
madzoko2's Reps: 712
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
so what if you kill some1 and you need to loot? what if your friend needs a rez, what if the person your fighting is on 5% and your mount dies...

4 knockbacks are hard to land anyway, this is not a valid tactic at all and will never ever be used

/nay

Posted: April 13th, 2010, 6:37 am

hokuto78

Total Posts: 421
hokuto78's Reps: 441
premium
/nay sounds really dumb, too hard to reproduce, and not something you can do every time you want to mount.

Posted: April 13th, 2010, 7:53 am

sathyro

Total Posts: 9
sathyro's Reps: 1
I see many great tactics used with this one... say, in a siege, where you don't have time charging up launch spells as you have to rush into the city, you can rush through all the nuking while parrying, and when at the walls, you dismount, and you fly wherever you want to inside the city.

You do not need specifically 4 persons, it could be 8, or it could be one. The thing is, it is easier to do with 4 persons for what the effect and outcome is. I agree, if you need to loot or rez someone it can be kind of hard. But most of the time, your mount dies before the fight is over, if you fight decent people. This little tactic gives you some time to recover, and if not for fighting, it is still a trick that nobody knows about yet, and it is still something new to be posted here.
You guys that keep saying "/nay" to every post here needs to open your eyes and realize that there is not many exploits or tricks left in the game. This is one of the last amazing ones, which should be legal. You can't expect people to find dupes or 2bill damage tricks anymore.

Posted: April 13th, 2010, 3:15 pm

fuckulol

Total Posts: 8
fuckulol's Reps: 1
yay if it works

Posted: April 14th, 2010, 7:02 am

madzoko2

Total Posts: 258
madzoko2's Reps: 712
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
/nay again..

most fights both players are mounted.. then whoever wins the mounted combat gets to get afew hits on the player before his mount dies taking the player to low hp then finishing him off..

/nay x 100

Posted: April 14th, 2010, 7:35 am

hokuto78

Total Posts: 421
hokuto78's Reps: 441
premium
/nay still stupid.

Posted: April 14th, 2010, 11:08 am

dabladest

Total Posts: 191
dabladest's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
Usefulness aside I am unsure if this really is an exploit. It has been like this from day one, that your "momentum" is on halt while mounted. If you jump down a cliff and klick on your mount before you hit the ground, you will receive no fall damage.
When you get off the mount, the fall damage kicks in (So not really a great exploit here :) ).

So it somehoe just is the game mechanic.

Posted: April 20th, 2010, 7:02 am

cattboy69

Total Posts: 103
cattboy69's Reps: 22
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
/yay

I will use this to not get stuck in mounts when dead

It does not need so many people to do. I use launch or stormblast and can click my mount before I shot up.

The way OP talks about it how you need to many people, and you will go VERY far, but that is too much.

Posted: April 20th, 2010, 11:34 am

brockssn

Total Posts: 38
brockssn's Reps: 1
premium
this is some funny !@#$%^&*, i used it yesterday no our destroyers. they ran up to the city walls and dismounted right over the damn things, now they did lose their mounts but it was well worth trying to get them guys over the walls

Posted: April 27th, 2010, 3:17 pm

alan376

Total Posts: 24
alan376's Reps: 1
/nay its stupid

Posted: April 27th, 2010, 10:04 pm

tokko

Total Posts: 28
tokko's Reps: 5
premium
Try stormblast + hit by fire dragon inferno at same time if you want to see extreme height.

;)

Posted: June 23rd, 2010, 9:44 am

cocax

Total Posts: 41
cocax's Reps: 3
premium
It works.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online