taultunleashed logoTake 50-80% less dmg from melee mobs : Darkfall Online - Submissions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Take 50-80% less dmg from melee mobs : Darkfall Online - Submissions

Posted: December 21st, 2009, 10:23 am

blubman

Total Posts: 2
blubman's Reps: 0
After 2 days of doing this to level my sword mastery, I feel I have to post this...

You need the sidestep melee upgrade or whatever its called, the one where you can double tap in any direction.

The trick is, after having engaged a mob in melee, spam double tap backward while swinging like crazy. You'll notice the mob will miss you several times.

After 2 days I mastered that little move and I take anywhere from 50 to 80% less dmg per mobs. Now that little trick + plate and you can melee farm a medium hard hitting melee mob spawn easily.

Also, I did this with sword as a human female.. The weapon range has a lot to do with the trick, you'll see when you try it. This might turn out to be extremely OP on a mahirim or ork toon.

** One more thing **

When overweight and walking slow, you can double tap your way around, it is 3x faster.

Enjoy!

Posted: December 21st, 2009, 12:33 pm

pancakebuddy

Total Posts: 3
pancakebuddy's Reps: 1
blubman (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
After 2 days of doing this to level my sword mastery, I feel I have to post this...

You need the sidestep melee upgrade or whatever its called, the one where you can double tap in any direction.

The trick is, after having engaged a mob in melee, spam double tap backward while swinging like crazy. You'll notice the mob will miss you several times.

After 2 days I mastered that little move and I take anywhere from 50 to 80% less dmg per mobs. Now that little trick + plate and you can melee farm a medium hard hitting melee mob spawn easily.

Also, I did this with sword as a human female.. The weapon range has a lot to do with the trick, you'll see when you try it. This might turn out to be extremely OP on a mahirim or ork toon.

** One more thing **

When overweight and walking slow, you can double tap your way around, it is 3x faster.

Enjoy!

Everyone I know including me does this when they PvE so I'm going to go ahead and say this is common knowledge.

Posted: December 21st, 2009, 8:19 pm

crashcart

Total Posts: 9
crashcart's Reps: 2
As the above poster mentioned, this is a very used tactic in the game.
You can take this one step further and confuse certain melee AI into staying motionless for a period of time. It's done through a series of movements in and out of said AI's **melee attack range**. Once figuring out which AI is susceptible, it's pretty easy to simulate and very easy to dominate in a party.
Do not confuse this with creatures permanently stuck... this is not an exploit.

Posted: December 21st, 2009, 8:38 pm

pancakebuddy

Total Posts: 3
pancakebuddy's Reps: 1
crashcart (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
As the above poster mentioned, this is a very used tactic in the game.
You can take this one step further and confuse certain melee AI into staying motionless for a period of time. It's done through a series of movements in and out of said AI's **melee attack range**. Once figuring out which AI is susceptible, it's pretty easy to simulate and very easy to dominate in a party.
Do not confuse this with creatures permanently stuck... this is not an exploit.

This is called tether pulling. This works best on melee only mobs.
You figure out the spot where the mob will turn around and run back to their camp, this is the edge of their "aggro" radius. All you do is run outside of the radius till they begin to run back, then you go back in the radius and they begin chasing you again. The mob will not actually hit you.

Posted: December 22nd, 2009, 12:34 am

crashcart

pancakebuddy (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This is called tether pulling. This works best on melee only mobs.
You figure out the spot where the mob will turn around and run back to their camp, this is the edge of their "aggro" radius. All you do is run outside of the radius till they begin to run back, then you go back in the radius and they begin chasing you again. The mob will not actually hit you.

Hmm, misunderstood me..
Most developers try to fight this by making the AI regenerate ridiculously fast, disappear, follow you forever, or reset. Darkfall hasn't figured a solid solution for the problem as of yet so it's still a valid tactic to use. Anyways, we get the point....
Now, what I was referring to was a so called in-bounds AI encounter. No leaving the boundaries and no resetting it. You're engaged the entire time. If you unfortunately have a seizure some day while fighting this AI and it stands there looking at you for a while, you'll understand.

Posted: December 22nd, 2009, 1:14 pm

blubman

Total Posts: 2
blubman's Reps: 0
pancakebuddy (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
blubman (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

** One more thing **

Enjoy!

Everyone I know including me does this when they PvE so I'm going to go ahead and say this is common knowledge.

Cummon knowledge maybe, but not mentionned here and works way too well not to.

When your able to melee a mob to death without taking a single swing, I call it worth it and mention it incase some ppl knew about it but didn't fully exploit it.

Posted: December 23rd, 2009, 11:09 am

delusions

Total Posts: 29
delusions's Reps: 3
new to me. /yay

Posted: December 23rd, 2009, 12:50 pm

crashcart

delusions (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
new to me. /yay

Who here actually plays this game?
Done with this site.

Posted: December 23rd, 2009, 1:33 pm

dabladest

Total Posts: 191
dabladest's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
crashcart (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
delusions (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
new to me. /yay

Done with this site.

Then why bother posting ?

Posted: December 23rd, 2009, 6:26 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
wow he is mad cause someone said yay lol. I dont know if he is aware we are not the borg people have different opinions. LOL

Anyways 1 yay and 1 nay so far keep them coming.

Posted: December 24th, 2009, 1:09 am

delusions

new to me. /yay

Done with this site.

Recently returned to DF, and everyone ive spoken to has declaimed how useless the side step is, and that double jump is so much better, etc etc. obviously it is not as common as you claim. You're just some pretentious little !@#$%^&* with a jumped up opinion of himself. So sorry bro.

Posted: December 24th, 2009, 9:53 am

crashcart

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
wow he is mad cause someone said yay lol. I dont know if he is aware we are not the borg people have different opinions. LOL
Anyways 1 yay and 1 nay so far keep them coming.

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Recently returned to DF, and everyone ive spoken to has declaimed how useless the side step is, and that double jump is so much better, etc etc. obviously it is not as common as you claim. You're just some pretentious little !@#$%^&* with a jumped up opinion of himself. So sorry bro.

and this little f'ing gem on another post....
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

This Coming from an Admin that has NO clue what the hell is going on. They are asking whether or not said person should be bumped to premium for doing NOTHING but stealing someone's work and then not releasing it. And you expect me to believe that you people actually play this game? Look at the post a few down... 2 comps melee macro. See just how pathetic that is? And your admins are asking to bump that?

Yeah, So I asked... Who here actually plays this game. Cause obviously you guys think that common knowledge is worth bumping and promoting to premium. The first day of the patch this information was common knowledge throughout my alliance. If you feel you guys are so informed and awesome... I ask you why this didn't click in the first place? Why didn't this seem like a valid tactic to you at first? Why did you need someone else to explain such a simple tactic that has been used in every other game that used a combat system like this?

So you think I have a jumped up opinion of myself? Compared to these posts and the lack of knowledge spurting out all over this f'ing forum. Yeah, I guess I do have a jumped up opinion of myself. Good thing I don't consider myself on your level!

Oh and one more thing.... I guarantee one of you will get their f'ing panties in a bunch and delete this. At that point, I win. Good day.

Posted: December 24th, 2009, 10:05 am

delusions

new to me. /yay

Done with this site.

more whining

Still waiting on the 'done with this site' part of your post. :)

Posted: December 24th, 2009, 10:16 am

crashcart

Still waiting on the 'done with this site' part of your post. :)

Of course you are. Because that's all you can wallow on now!

Might be done with the site but I have every right to defend myself from your ridiculous accusations. I also have every right to point out just how misinformed and generally f'ing stupid you are. Maybe I'll just go steal someone's code, explain how it works but won't release it.... Then I'll post a few common knowledge tricks and low and behold i'll be considered a premium member.

Honestly, if those are the types of premium members you have floating around this site.... you couldn't pay me to contribute.

So here's your wish guy. Don't want to keep you waiting anymore!

Posted: December 26th, 2009, 11:42 am

tault_hazzan

Total Posts: 14
tault_hazzan's Reps: 0
premium
yay, it's good information even though it's not really rocket science to figure out :p

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online