taultunleashed logoDAOC Memory Layout? : Developer's Corner
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

DAOC Memory Layout? : Developer's Corner

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 3:18 pm

Kaioz
Kaioz's Reps:
Sup guys, I know I wont get any direct answers to my questions but was wondering if anything I might beable to get a few pointers.

I figure i'll give a personal radar a shot and maybe convert it into an overlay public version minus a few features ];-o since I've got alot of time on my hands now. I just want to know if anyone has any documentation on the layout of game.dll in memory IE: Address where to search for enemy players, the format of determining what race, realm rank, level they are from that point and if they are dead or not.

Also do the memory maps change per server because I notice on the leet radars thats out you have to select what host server you use in order for the radar to work IE: USTOA/ USCATA server. Just a few explanations to save me some time before I brake out TSearch and spend hours searching and exploring memory tables.

Any help, pointers, and trail + errors you've came across so I know what to look for before I start my journey into getting nowhere ;D

Thanks in Advance and please feel to be discreate on your responces after setting you points so ill still have a challenge ahead of me.

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 5:06 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
first, good luck.

Next, all memory is encrypted.

Ie all mob names are stored encrypted. They are not decrypted until they are used, and then reencrypted to put back into memory.

Just about everything is encrypted (and usng different encryption methods).

As for structure, it changes with every patch. Ie level might be offset 240 from the base player structure. But the next patch it is 830. You get the idea.

But good luck.

Posted: April 13th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Kaioz
Kaioz's Reps:
I guess i'll have to breajout Mr. CryptTomlib now ;/ oh well, I got time ;D

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online