taultunleashed logoGetting started writing chat log parser, sniffer : Developer's Corner
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

Getting started writing chat log parser, sniffer : Developer's Corner

Posted: August 12th, 2003, 7:30 am

EvilSpongeBob
EvilSpongeBob's Reps:
Any advice on starting a chatlog parser for SWG? There must be existing code that can be re-used somewhere.

What about the packet sniffing module? How do I access and customize it for SWG?

The documentation is very sparse for doing development work with XUnleashed. More docs are needed, and more sample code.

Posted: August 12th, 2003, 8:12 am

Admin
Admin's Reps:
I think the main problem you will have is that the packets are encrypted to and from SWG. There is a packet sniffing plugin available with XU. I can put together sample code that uses it if it will help.

Posted: August 12th, 2003, 8:19 am

EvilSpongeBob
EvilSpongeBob's Reps:
Sample code would be great (and don't forget chat log parsing samples too, I'd hate to re-invent what you already have).

From scanning the SWG executible I found thatSWG uses a standard RFC for packet compression (I forget the #, I'll get it tonight at home and post it if anyone is interested). Beyond that I haven't investigated, as I haven't actually decompressed any of the packets that I've caught with a packet sniffer application.

Posted: August 24th, 2003, 9:49 am

judicar
judicar's Reps:
sample code or even a code snippet in how to use the packet sniffer would be awesome. Also it would be great if someone could post a plugin that was written in c++.

Posted: August 25th, 2003, 9:20 am

crem
crem's Reps:
I would also like some information about how to get the packet sniffer plugin working. I like reverse engineering binary data (don't ask why). My guess is that the encryption is pretty basic to save on cpu cycles.

Thanks

Posted: August 25th, 2003, 11:04 am

Admin
Admin's Reps:
I'll put up a sample project with the packet sniffer. I have not run it in a while. It will be good to see if it is still working as intended.

Posted: September 11th, 2003, 6:58 pm

Lastmango
Lastmango's Reps:
Is there an update on this? Where's a sample sniffer project, would love to see it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online