taultunleashed logoSome clarification from Admin and WyvernX please : Developer's Corner - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 24 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

Some clarification from Admin and WyvernX please : Developer's Corner - Page 2

Posted: April 8th, 2003, 10:36 am

Viper
Viper's Reps:
How do I email you the attachments? Doing the email from within this website just seems to be simple message-based affair.

Viper.

Posted: April 8th, 2003, 11:01 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
DOH! daocunleashed@yahoo.com

=)

Posted: April 9th, 2003, 10:32 am

Viper
Viper's Reps:
Any luck with the project I sent you?

Viper.

Posted: April 9th, 2003, 11:22 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
Well, I got it to compile. I think DarkStar may be right. The c# dll's are very strange. I'll play with it a little more tonight.

Posted: April 10th, 2003, 12:37 am

Viper
Viper's Reps:
The difference between .NET PE (portable executable) and pre-.NET PE is that they include a section for metadata. Apart from that they are essentially the same. The crux of the problem I believe is that the generated dll is not compatible with XUnleashed as it stands. It needs the tlb as well.

Normally this is done by registering the dll and tlb using:

regasm <dllname>.dll /tlb:<dllname>.tlb /verbose

Which would allow other COM components to use the exposed types.

As you say everything builds correctly but XUnleashed cannot seem to make use of it. Perhaps one of the admin guys can offer a resolution?

Viper.

Bugger! I've just realised that in order for unmanaged types ( i.e. the XUnleashed code ) to create managed types ( my plugin types ) it needs the dll to be registered in the GAC ( Global Assembly Cache ). I'll try that when I get home from work.

Posted: April 10th, 2003, 7:15 am

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
You may be on to something. Please keep us posted.

Posted: April 10th, 2003, 11:00 am

Viper
Viper's Reps:
Well I am at a loss. I have registered my plugin dll with the GAC and I've also registerd the interop dlls created for DAOCService.tlb, XUnleashedControls.tlb and XUnleashedGUI.tlb.

Everything going OK, and when I register the plugin tlb with XUnleashed it seems to work. However the plugin is not available through XUnleashed.

My thought is that XUnleashed itself will have to be tweaked to work with .NET technology outside VB.NET dlls.

Viper.

Posted: April 10th, 2003, 1:25 pm

WyvernX
WyvernX's Reps:
If you got it to register with xunleashed, then we are making progress. Now, put some MessageBox calls in or something to see if you are getting calls in the IXUPlugin interface. It could be that it is trying to load, but the COM load functions are crashing out somewhere before you finish your call to LoadWindow. I would place a message box at the beginning and at the end to see if it is making it all the way through your IXUPlugin_Initialize method. In VB, if you do something BAD, it will crash out, but not actually leave an error message.

Posted: August 18th, 2003, 9:28 am

judicar
judicar's Reps:
I'm having the same problem with my c# plugin. Did you guys ever figure this out? Also if anyone has some c# code snippets plz post.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online