taultunleashed logoABC to macros : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 15 posts ] 
blue large dot

ABC to macros : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: April 5th, 2006, 11:16 am

aluminati
aluminati's Reps:
Can anyone explain to me in basic english no computer jargon how to use a macro to mine that won't get me banned and is not to hard to use? I have never used a macro in my life. Also what programs or scripts you call them would work best. I am not greedy, something that works in high security areas (i'm new and being on low area are trouble) that can produce some $$$ would be good. I have low mining skills so I know the millions aren't going to come overnight.

Posted: April 5th, 2006, 11:38 am

eagerd
eagerd's Reps:
Your best bet is to train to use a Covetor and mine ice if your gonna mine 0.5 and higher. the low 0.0 0.1 belts have nice kinds of minerals.

Posted: April 5th, 2006, 9:38 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
The principal behind a macro is to record, then play back whatever keystrokes/mousemoves are needed to accomplish some given task. Taults own "Exhume" is a recorder/editor. Several others are also used here. Which ever one you chose you still have to learn the basics of that particular program. I like MacroScheduler because the original Max_Cote was written with it and it is very simular to the old Commodore C64 Basic language which I remember quite well. (yea, I'm an old fart :))

There is no "easy" plug and play macro for Eve that I know of. Max_Cote is close but still not for the newbie. Eve is just too variable. Many have tried simply recording thier everyday Eve routine and then try playing it back and find that it seldom works as expected due to random timing issues and changes in background color, etc.

I suggest trying Max_Cote Blood update. Read the setup info twice. Major computer setting changes required. Read the MaxCote topics to get an idea of what is is about and rather or not it is for you. Any questions you can PM me or just post in the discusion forum, I try to check this site twice a day.

Buck

Posted: May 24th, 2006, 9:25 am

rethlen
rethlen's Reps:
Are these macros that can read and interpret data being fed to them by the Eve Client too, or are they nothing more than key/mouse recorders and loopers?

Posted: May 24th, 2006, 1:49 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Key/Mouse recorders. There have been several "attempts" at hacking the Python code but no working code has been posted here.

MaxCote will ask several questions, instruct you on basic bm setup and pc config then start Eve and mine whatever ore you picked with no further input from you.

SuperNova is similar but different macro language.

Various other partial scripts exist.

Posted: May 24th, 2006, 8:00 pm

blackmoon

Total Posts: 695
blackmoon's Reps: 9
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
As Buck said, there are a few options out there for Eve macros. Eve is probably THE game to macro with. Everything is point and click. Warp here, warp there. Not like with WoW or GW where you "run" your character.

The two best programs in my opinion for coding macros in are MacroScheduler and AutoIt. I have experience in both, but am more partial to AutoIt... aint that right Buck?

"Buck... come to the dark side... use AutoIt... muahahaha"

So just google for them and check them out. ExHume and XU are great too, but they are a little harder to program.

Posted: May 24th, 2006, 8:19 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
I do think AutoIt is better than MS now that it can use VB routines. The skinning/color/gui features can't be beat! I have come up with a Tooltip function for MS though!

Posted: May 24th, 2006, 10:56 pm

blackmoon

Total Posts: 695
blackmoon's Reps: 9
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
cool... would like to see it. :) how work coming?

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 12:14 am

ravenstar4ever
ravenstar4ever's Reps:
does the new windows vist make a diference on using these?as aposed to windows xp

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 7:47 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Yes, Vista breaks them.

Posted: June 4th, 2007, 12:11 pm

mak364
mak364's Reps:
yes but are macros actually undetectable cause i dont want to get banned

Posted: June 4th, 2007, 7:01 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Vista patch a commin :)

Posted: June 20th, 2007, 8:25 am

mak364
mak364's Reps:
i would say macros are 80% undetected reason being :

- There is nothing to stop hacking eve eg. punkbuster
- If your macro mining, there is no evidence to show you actualy are macro mining you could just be a hardcore miner
- Your the only one who can see your moniter so your the only one whos knows you are using a macro no one else can be a 100% sure

Also if you want a good program to use macros search google for macro express its the best one i have used and its easy to make simple macros with it

Posted: August 4th, 2007, 2:46 am

antim1
antim1's Reps:
Ok ive made macros never used them on the official server but still. Ok they work but 0.5-1.0 mining differs a lot from 0.0 mining. Any good advices on what to give a shot with to 0.0 mine

Posted: August 4th, 2007, 9:03 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Any macro can work in 0.0 space but not while your afk. MaxCote was the closest I've come to having a reliable 0.0 macro but the rats would still lock and fire at me before i could detect them and warp away, do that at several belts and your soon dead. If you have a ship that can tank a triple BS spawn AND mine then any macro will work nicely but then you throw in the human factor...such as cloaked ships....

TCS miner is just as advanced as MaxCote (and current) but fails in 0.0 space for the above reasons.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online