taultunleashed logoAnyone have trade routes mapped out? : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Anyone have trade routes mapped out? : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: March 26th, 2004, 8:08 am

Tault_JCrips

Total Posts: 127
Tault_JCrips's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Well, yea. Does anyone have any trade routes mapped out?

Posted: April 4th, 2004, 4:28 am

tault_dawsey
tault_dawsey's Reps:
good idea trade route can make some easy money doin that. thing is they run out fast.

Posted: April 16th, 2004, 10:52 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I have actually yet to come across a successfull trade route.

Posted: April 17th, 2004, 6:23 am

Tault_JCrips

Total Posts: 127
Tault_JCrips's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Same here. My cousin is in a decent size Pirate Corp and he usually leaks info to me, but no luck yet :?

Posted: April 17th, 2004, 11:28 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
As Dawsey said, trade routes run out fast, because of this, anyone who does know one will not tell anyone as they will lose out.

PS No, I don't know af any either.

Posted: April 18th, 2004, 1:28 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
How about rather than someone giving an actual route would any who have been successful with them perhaps give us some tips on how to locate one? Say do we have to go to a completely diff solar system in order to find a good diff in price? Is it possible to find items that are just as good trade wise within a couple jumps of each other? Just some general tips we can use in becoming efficient with finding routes ourselves.

Posted: May 26th, 2004, 10:55 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I have found some really good trade routes through out EvE. And as it is said above they don't last for very long so u have to be quick.

What I have done is specializing in a small amount of equipment and keep the eye open for only those things.

Also only trading in stuff that dont require to much space to move and yield a lot of money for each sale.

There is also a nice profit to be made by trading minerals between the different regions. But you have to place a lot of isk into minerals before it gets profitable.

Just scout the systems for what ore that they have, and then u find out where to find decent prizes. For example Caldari space, Lonetrek/Forge region usually have pretty good mex-prices ....

Posted: June 4th, 2004, 4:59 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
eh?

mining is easy way to make cash, you don't need to spend a lot at all!

I got a hoarder and a mining 2 laser and regularly make 500k per haul.

The secret is to joina corp to make money mining real quick :D

Posted: June 9th, 2004, 8:25 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Pyerite trading seems to be a very good way to make isk these days. The rising low end minerals costs/value is very easy to exploit. Much better than any commodity I've traded (data sheets etc...).

Trick is find a route, 10-15 jumps that touches a system in as many regions as possible, find the largest volume and lowest price in each region. For instance, you might find 6 mil pyerite for 4.8isk each in say, Domain region - and in The Forge region, you may see a buy order paying 5.5isk each. If the two systems with supply/demand are within a reasonable distance (1-10 jumps is my limit) then you can start buying, hauling, reselling. Some ppl will pay more than market value for minerals, when they want them fast.

Before they changed the empire hub jumpgate system I had a nice 22 jump route that touched 19 regions. Checking regional market supply and demand is the best way to make isk from trading - studying, and learning the highways systems MAP is the best way to make a trade route.

Start a Yulai, check info on jumpgates, find out where the neighboring systems go, take notes, plot a route. Takes a little while, couple hours maybe, and you can have a golden route for price checking a system in every major region. hope this helps

Posted: June 11th, 2004, 2:01 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Or you can go in some 0.2 system in Empire space and kill pirates, and make let's say... ohhhh about 1 mill ISk per half hour or hour???

and that's just bounty, I'm not talking about loot....

Posted: April 5th, 2005, 2:41 pm

tault_juanfermin
tault_juanfermin's Reps:
Tault Community (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I have actually yet to come across a successfull trade route.

Actually I've come across SEVERAL very successful trade routes, and i should know since I've made well over a Billion ISK in trade routes. However, if you're looking for something where you can quickly buy in one place and sell in another, it doesn't quite work that way. The trick is, to find a product that you can place cheap buy orders in one area and the transport it to another area and place a high sell order. Of course I'm not going to tell you where I'm buying and selling, because then I'd have all you guys competing agaist me, but I'll give you a hint. Find a busy system that borders a different Region. Even though the other Region is only a jump or 2 away, it won't show up on the regional market, so it will have completely different pricing on SOME items. Find out what those items are and you can make a sizable income for yourself.

One last thing. No, you don't have to be quick about it, most of the busy systems, STAY busy and so there is usually some items or group of items that are in short supply in that system.

Posted: April 5th, 2005, 2:51 pm

tault_juanfermin
tault_juanfermin's Reps:
Tault Community (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
eh?

mining is easy way to make cash, you don't need to spend a lot at all!

I got a hoarder and a mining 2 laser and regularly make 500k per haul.

The secret is to joina corp to make money mining real quick :D

Definitely Join a corp. I have the skills to use a Retreiver with 2 Strip Miners. The Strip Miners have the ability to mine about 10X what a Miner II can mine (with proper skills), many times we have Corp Mining Operations where Newbs join us and do some hauling for us, since we could mine so much more than they can. In a very short period of time, we would have 30 Million ISK in a high security area, or 100 Million in 0.0 space. Either way everyone who participates splits evenly, whether they were the Newb Haulers, the Protectors in the Battleships, or the Miners in the Retreivers. Average group is 6 to 10 people, so each gets 10-16 Million for about a half hour to an hour's worth of work.

Posted: April 20th, 2005, 9:46 pm

tault_loes
tault_loes's Reps:
I have no idea how you are able to make so much money in such a short time.
I have to disagree that Mining Barges are so much faster - unless you have the largest type. I mine faster in a Brutix with 7 Miner II then a Retriever.
I have taken part in mining operations with 6 people or so,
and the income we had is not really better compared to when I mine alone.
Think about this:
It takes me 1-1,25 hours to fill up a can and haul the content to the next station. For plagioclase that would be about 2,3 mill per can with the skills at my disposal.

If you mine together, which I often do, the other player is about as fast as I am in mining, we make twice as much ore in the same time. But we have to devide it in half again, leading to about the same money in a period of time.

The only little advantage here is that while one of us stays mining the other goes hauling when the can is about full.

I'd be interested how you come to so many isk.
Can you explain and do a sample calculation?

Thanx

Posted: June 16th, 2005, 1:12 am

tault_laocoon
tault_laocoon's Reps:
i got a run that makes 180% profit.

comes to 500k/haul of 6 jumps there and back.

:D

Posted: September 13th, 2005, 11:46 am

null000
null000's Reps:
My trade route..
Please forgive my poor english, im french and my english suxx.
The trick is really to travel between region and scan for buyer/seller price on items. I, myself, finally find a BIG SPOT where demands and offerts never end.. prices have some fluctuation but ALWAYS have a profit from this. I took the time to make g2g/bm (for fast travel as the badger is quite slow) on this trade route as time is money in EVE. this "gold mine" is composed of a nest of 3 differents sellers 1-3 jumps aways from each others and another nest of buyer 2-4 jump away from each others. thoses nests are separate by 5-8 jumps.
As buyer and seller are from diff region and my base in another one, i use to place 2 alt char on those region to scan for price (much more quick to logoff-login than to travel from region to region) then i go for a 5-9 jump trip that got me 2.5 Millions/travel on a bad day and 5-6 millions/travel pure profit on good one hehehe (also i must have 25-30 millions isk minimum for this "ITEM" to buy enough to make a decent profit per trip). As i use my precious BM (over 30 just for this specific item buy/sell route. take me about 5-6 hours to make them but SO WORTH IT!) i can travel from seller to buyer to seller in less than 25 minutes... do the math: about 10 millions/hours. use to go for 8-10 trip on my trade day (i must say it is pretty boring so never go more than 10 trip on a playing session). Ive explored other means to make money but none come across trading. i manage to have a badger II that can hold 14430 m3.. hehe (just buy high qual exp. cargo, i.e. 21.9%, then filled your cargohold with huge/gian/big containers. containers can hold more that the space they used in your cargo). Hope this can help some to better trade..

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online