newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Battle system : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: September 3rd, 2005, 3:34 am

rowcalcom
rowcalcom's Reps:
Hello,
I heard this game is good but i still have not play it.
By any chance. is this the same Battle system as "FreeLancer"?

if not, what kind of battle system is this?

Thank you

Posted: September 4th, 2005, 9:33 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Never played Freelancer. Hmm, describing Eve....
Eve has many different types of game play all revolving around your ship. You have to train various skills to do certain things and like any RP game you are born with certain skills depending on what path you take. You can be a miner, trader, PvP fighter,NpC fighter, mission runner, drug smuggler, Station owner, scientist, builder or any combination of the above. You are only limited by the skills you train.

Combat, PvP(player v player) this requires the highest levels of weapons training and specialization to be successfull since your dealing with a human opponent. Basically though you will travel in space to the location of your chosing and lock on the other players ship or they may lock you 1st. Then it is really a matter of who is better equipped. If your offensive items is stronger than his defensive items then you will win. You have all kinds of "modules" to consider when outfitting your ship: 16 or more types of guns, even more types of ammo, shield boosters, energy boosters, armor hardners, energy drains that you use on other ships, the list goes on.
Search the net for a free demo, there are several out there. Read the forums at www.eve-online.com before deciding on setting up your character. 6 hrs of research will save you many wasted days having to redo a character.
I feel you actaully have 4 career paths to think about: Miner,Fighter, Trader, builder/scientist.
Everyone starts out doing mining to get some money but that changes quickly as your skilll improve.

Hope this helps.

Buck

Posted: September 8th, 2005, 10:18 am

deadshot
deadshot's Reps:
Ive played Freelancer loads
was on Moo server and Jolt (DeadShot)
neways

Kinda like Freelancer but a lot bigger, with more ships and more complicated Clans, trading and you can do more with ur ship, like change all the guns, use Electronic warfare and other kool stuff.

Major difference from freelancer:
in Eve u cant just spend 10mins to get cash and good ship and then go and rape ppl. It takes the piss to be able to do loads of stuff, cos u have to do training. To be able to PvP well you need to wait at least 3-6months
That and in Eve it takes no practical skill to fight! just time to train ur character.

I dont care what anyone says, cos in eve all u need is to be able to do is click things on and off to fight ppl.
While in Freelancer you actually have to learn how to fly the ship to fight well.

But as freelancer Multiplayer is Dead/Dieing Eve is the next best thing...
lets just pray they bring out Freelancer 2, but i doubt its gonna happen :cry:

o yeah u do get an outside view of ya ship, but fighting is much different!

Posted: September 11th, 2005, 5:57 am

pcpmcgee
pcpmcgee's Reps:
Never heard of freelancer.
I guess its just not in the same league as EVE.

8)

Posted: September 12th, 2005, 1:41 am

spindleweed
spindleweed's Reps:
deadshot (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I dont care what anyone says, cos in eve all u need is to be able to do is click things on and off to fight ppl.
While in Freelancer you actually have to learn how to fly the ship to fight well.

Choose to disagree, EVE requires actual skill as well as ingame skill, its just not "better reactions win" like twitch games like CS, or "better flying skills win" a la freelancer. Depends what sort of fighting you get up to i guess :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online