taultunleashed logoCan you be feared in a frig? : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Can you be feared in a frig? : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: December 29th, 2008, 9:27 am

bosschase

Total Posts: 4
bosschase's Reps: 0
Hello

I'm new to the game and I know I'm years behind most players. Should I focus on having a maxed out frig or should I skip it all together and build to better ships?

I'm trying to get a general idea of how long I have to train skills before I can go out and pvp without instantlty being destroyed.

Years ago when I played I just had got enough isk to buy my first BC. I fitted it to the max and started off to find some one to attack. I jumped into a huge group of people camping the gate and lost everything.

Its one thing to get blown up when you can afford to lose your ship but when you can't and have to go back to the starter ship it really sucks.

Posted: December 30th, 2008, 11:09 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Well what do you want to do in the game?

Posted: June 18th, 2009, 11:01 am

asscratiopharm

Total Posts: 2
asscratiopharm's Reps: 2
Yes I know this Thread is old, but i think this Forum also works as a knowledge database, especially when there is not much activity going on, so i will just post my thoughts in here.

There are some ways to get feared:

1st be a Pirate:
Not a really difficult way and you dont have to skill much to get effective in it.
Get yourself either a Frig, a Cruiser or an Industrial ship.
With the frig or the Cruiser, fit a warpscrambler, a microwarpdrive and a stasis webifier on it, then buy some veldspar or miner some and throw a container out, in front of a Beginner Station. Wait till a Noob comes over and picks something out of your container, then you can attack him without getting f*cked by Concord.
With an Industrial ship, fly through the belts and empty the cargo containers of beginner miners or more expirienced, but NEVER touch a Hulk or Orca they will immidiately destroy you and always watch out if the container is of a bigger Corporation or if the Player has some security with him.

2nd be the lonesome PVP guy:
The most difficult way and if you want to be succesfull and strong you have to skill much. Get yourself at least a BS and plant yourself in a Lonesome 0.0 or a lowsec system with status of 0.3 or 0.2.
In 0.0 you stand yourself in front of a Gate and wait till some lonely player gets inside, but always check before you attack and get aligned to a safespot if he's bigger.
In Lowsec fly through the belts and shoot the miners, but if youre alone dont attack an Orca or a group of Hulks, if the miners are alone.

3rd join a Corp:
The best and easiest way, I think. Get into the recruitment Channel, ask for a Corp wich best suits your interests. They will help you in every aspect and tell you what you should do best. I would definately advise you this way.

with all this stuff i wrote i should write my own guide, hehe.

Posted: July 15th, 2009, 6:04 pm

replicator_fifth

Total Posts: 26
replicator_fifth's Reps: 2
Very helpful

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online