taultunleashed logoFrigate tourney : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Frigate tourney : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: March 21st, 2006, 3:19 am

leeds2k
leeds2k's Reps:
My corp is having a tech 1 frigate tourney with only tech 1 stuff no named..

So i was wondering what is best setup for frig vs frig and what frigate should i use? i fly caldari..

Posted: March 30th, 2006, 8:15 am

urtoast
urtoast's Reps:
it all depends on your skills... If you can i would suggest getting a kestrel with a sheild booster and an after burner... that way you can be at like 40 km (you can get alot higher such as 240km ive seen) and have your ab on so he cant catch you and you can just tare him apart in no time w.o. a scratch on you... but if your confident enough i would take the sheild booster off and put on a MWD (micro warp drive) just to be on the safe side.. but this is my opinoin. IF you have enough time I would say train amarr frig to lvl 2 get an executioner.. stick on a pulse weapon an energy vampire and a ab and some weapon upgrades (this can be most deadly). cuz for me this is almost my pvp macro gank setup (cept a few t2) and i orbit them at 1km and put ab on weapon on and vampirre on (also warp dissruptor but u wont need that for friendly frig battles) and the vampire can EASILY keep up with your energy that is draining, (be sure they dont have one as well) and with the ab my executioner can go up to 987km/sec so its a really fast ship.. BUT overall its where ur skills are and also how much time you have to train skills and buy stuff etc. etc.

Posted: April 1st, 2006, 11:02 am

eagerd
eagerd's Reps:
Its all about setup man not how quick you move or your skills. The Merlin would be your best bet due to its 4 Med slots for shield tanking, the kestrel is basically anti-cruiser/battlecruiser/battleship killer, not for frig fights. Ive seen a Manticore which is the Faction version of the Kestrel tear down a Dominix with massive armor tanking into structure in under 2 minutes from cruise missles. And the pilot that was flying the Dominix had 36mil in skill points. Skill means nothing other than skills in the right areas. The Merlin is good for webbing all ships and then raping them with rockets. If you fly at 900m/s you can get webbed or double webbed taking you down to 30m/s. Thats where your shield tanking comes to help. Setup your frig correctly and you can run your shield boosters nonstop. You'd have to max out your skills to use Tech1 modules to do this though.

Posted: April 1st, 2006, 5:46 pm

urtoast
urtoast's Reps:
well i dont mean to start an argument but i think you are completly wrong, with the skills i have right when I can lock any target with any one of my cladari ships i can shoot my missles, with my kestrel setup every 6 secs every one of my missles can do a dmg of 123.. ok now lets factor this (kessy with cald frig 4 and some decent skills in missles using the kessys special ability of 10% dmg increase of kin missle dmg PER LVL) in a sec, 123 x 3 = 369 dmg, right there is sheild but then factoring in resis maybe 2 volleys would be sheild then from there its almost the exact same thing, also considering i took on a thrasher (minmitar destroyer) and ripped it apart in 5 volleys ONLY 5!! and since the max target range for kessy is 40 km and if u can shoot missles from that far and keep it at that range they wont lay a blow on u... cuz as far to my knowledge nothing that shoots anything that can fit on a frig except missles can fire at 40km, so if u go head to head with another kessy that can do the same with a similar setup THEN ITS ALL UP TO SKILL who can recharge their sheilds faster in the interim of missles, also one who has more sheild and more structure IS going to b the one that wins, and skill matters MOST in a 1v1 and tactics is high up there, and recently in my corp we had some fun screwing around with frigs jsut 1v1 to half armor, i easily took on every race with my little kessy, although i had troubles with soem destroyers cuz they had better skill and could get their railguns farhter out. AND to PROVE my point ONLY 1 PERSOn has made it up to 36m in sp now ik u were prolly exagerrating but still if a person had 36m sp would he b wasting his time on a monticore? So in an option ur in leeds its most obvious that a kessy it the best caldari ship to go with, and plz never listen to eagerd cuz hes oblivious and has no idea what hes talking about,.

Thx,
~ToasT~

Posted: April 1st, 2006, 9:38 pm

Tault_heffy666

Total Posts: 66
Tault_heffy666's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I have to say that kestrels arent all that guys....
give me a punisher with a shield booster and som decent guns and a mwd.
missiles wont ever hit me if they do the shield booster got it covered.
the guns should be prototype guns fast and deadly.... I have won alot of tourneys on this recipe.... speed is everything against missiles and also against others with guns since they cant hit !@#$%^&* when you are moving fast.

Posted: April 2nd, 2006, 3:33 pm

eagerd
eagerd's Reps:
Ok say I have 88% resistance on all attributes for armor tanking, your 123 will only deal 15dmg! SETUP IS EVERYTHING. The Manticore can put cruise missle modules on DEALING nearly 3000dmg (toward a BC or BS)in a volley with maxed skills, can't hide from that. Cruise missles fly at 3,250m/s so you can't run. If YOU ARE WEBBED you'll fly 35m/s especially webbed with a fleeting/faction web. Meaning Rails and rockets will bust you up. Rockets fire every 1-3seconds dealing 50-90dmg BASED ON YOUR SKILLs and what ammo type you use. Faction ammo is the most lethal. As I said a Worm/Merlin would dominate. Also you wouldnt last getting webbed/nos'd while trying to use a shield booster either.

Posted: April 5th, 2006, 6:40 am

urtoast
urtoast's Reps:
well aparantly since kessy's rnt that great and get destroyed easily.. how come in my corps frig tourny when i entered my kessy i won?? all wiht the samew setup and most ppl i went against had a good 11m sp under their belt... so yes i do agree with you that a merlin could b good with good rocket skills, but then again it is all about wut ship ur going against, if ur going against amarr ur most likly gunna b facing some punisher wiht pulse lasers that can go super fast, but what i am saying is that if u like long range combat the kessy is for u cuz with good missle skills you hit em at like 35km give or take, and even if my missles do do u only 15 dmg ur sheild or ur armor or w.e. u r tanking if u cant nos me my 15 dmg will eventually add up, staying out of range, making u use all ur cap on a ab or mwd trying to ctach me while reparing. Then in most frig tourny's you have no way of knowing wut ship u r against, even if the guy ur going against first round used a bantom or something its almost always perfectly legal to switch ships as long as you dont have any t2 items on. My alliance (Chimaera Pack) is having a frig tourny soon and i entered my kessy so ill let you know how far I get. Besides this i am not gunna argue nemore, its not worth my time/effort and i was trying to help him with my best setup in mind. and also on another note monticores have no reason being in here because its a t1 frig tourny not t2 (its not faction) and besides cruise missles would do little to no dmg to a frig

Posted: April 5th, 2006, 11:44 am

eagerd
eagerd's Reps:
I meant just against BC's and BS's not frigs. I was just saying 1 on 1 frig battles are nearly equal and almost never end.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online