taultunleashed logoHow do I gate camp in low sec (.4-.1) : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

How do I gate camp in low sec (.4-.1) : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: November 10th, 2006, 11:09 am

austin816
austin816's Reps:
Ive been killed many times in low security space at gates. Most of the time it was in .4 space at gate camps. I was not sniped either. How do they do it? I want to be a pirate and do this. Do they just tank the sentry guns?

Posted: November 10th, 2006, 12:37 pm

tault712

Total Posts: 94
tault712's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
Get yourself on the official eve forum and look under the coperation section and just see which pirate corperation sounds the best and just apply, they will teach you the ropes.

If you having problems getting to the starting station just check to see how many players are in the next system, if there are many people chances are the gates are being camped so go back later on.

I tend to travel in low security space just after the down time when there a few people on.

Posted: November 10th, 2006, 12:42 pm

austin816
austin816's Reps:
I dont really want to join a random corp and learn the ropes...thats why I'm on this site. I paid to have questions like this answered here. My friends and I just started a pirate corp and work in 0.0. Just want some advice on the low sec .4 stuff. The last post was useless and insulting.

Posted: November 10th, 2006, 1:45 pm

tault712

Total Posts: 94
tault712's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
austin816 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I dont really want to join a random corp and learn the ropes...thats why I'm on this site. I paid to have questions like this answered here. My friends and I just started a pirate corp and work in 0.0. Just want some advice on the low sec .4 stuff. The last post was useless and insulting.

Typical pirate attitude, you need to be more specific if you dont want to be insulted.

If you are working in 0.0 space i am sure you all ready know the ins and outs of camping so why post such a vaigue question?

Posted: November 10th, 2006, 2:15 pm

austin816
austin816's Reps:
tault712 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
why post such a vaigue question?

Ok....Sorry, if I didnt explain my question. I'll break it down more. This all pertains to gate camping in .4 space.

1) We use ravens...Whats a good group template? Does (2) Ravens and a Crow work? Or is anything but a BS worthless?

2) How does the aggro work in .4? If a BS attacks another player, the sentry guns attack him. So how can you gate camp in .4? How do you tank that damage and what are your group members doing while the BS is tanking?

3) How do you fit your ship for a .4 gate camp?

4) What about range? I've been sniped before in a .4 gate camp but I've also been swarmed? Whats the best range and technique?

5) As a group...how do we attack....so no one gets blown up by sentry guns?

Can some please give me some info?

Posted: February 8th, 2007, 2:08 pm

samhein
samhein's Reps:
Well gate camping in a .4 is stupid for one. Don't try it unless you have mega mega isk and skill points to fight off concord for measly .4 lewt

.1 and maybe .2 will work

I've used a cruiser but it limits your targets. BS works best.

Domi armor tank with armor rep drones (if you don't know this ... nub)
- Have the domi get the gate turrets attention
- He just takes the damage

Whoever else does the killing, only after turrets are on the tank...

Some armor tanks cannot be broken by the turrets, if you are decked out in T2 you can sit there all day, no problem, and even have some guns left over for killing most targets

It's simple, don't know why you are asking

Posted: February 26th, 2007, 11:00 am

geminix
geminix's Reps:
WELL it all depends on the type of ships coming out of the gate.....as for ship variety you should probably use a template like this depending on your size...

Frigates- hmm you should really use tech 2 but have at least 2 jammer frigates preferably the tech 2 version of herons. ravens are great choices as long as you have the skills you need to fly them lol and always have your cloaker/cruise missile launchers i think some cloaked tech 2 kestrels (god i cant think of any ship names today) anyways also some caracel missleboats BUT who can forget the heavy assult mimnatarship that pretty much pwns everything around but for the life of me i cant think of its name eitehr T_T i KNOW its a tech 2 battleship but w/e its like a triangle shaped one haha well i hope that helped at all....

You might want to also consider what system your in as to what race might be coming through the most. <3

Posted: February 26th, 2007, 11:03 am

geminix
geminix's Reps:
haha yeah sam is right tho .4 campig is kinda !@#$%^&* you should just go 00 camp like most other people orrr just go gate clearing thats always fun =p

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 7:02 pm

eve_shteff
eve_shteff's Reps:
Concord wont bother you in 0.4. But you will have to be able to tank gate guns. You can get some very juicy drops in 0.4 camps, many people with t2 iftted ships and haulers with expensive lewt tend to travel through unawares. First thing you will need tho, is a corp...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online