taultunleashed logois it a good game? : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 14 posts ] 
blue large dot

is it a good game? : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: July 11th, 2006, 5:36 pm

hatred666
hatred666's Reps:
ive heard alot about this game, though i am currently playing R.O.S.E online if anyone could tell me about EVE online id be happy to hear it, it looks good and sounds good, feedback please!!

Posted: July 11th, 2006, 6:40 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
PM me a email address and I can send you a 14 day free trial. In the mean time take some time to read up at http://www.eve-online.com

Posted: July 18th, 2006, 4:59 am

cobra12au
cobra12au's Reps:
Awesome, i have seen other reviews on thsi game, and want to play myself. Looks fantastic.

Posted: July 19th, 2006, 9:19 am

heavensgate
heavensgate's Reps:
Its a pretty awesome game though its not for everyone do to someslow combat, and sometimes fights are hard to find.

Posted: July 21st, 2006, 1:04 pm

sittal
sittal's Reps:
good game kinda slow at the beginning, but gets really fun later on.

Posted: July 24th, 2006, 10:17 pm

biviosnevetz
biviosnevetz's Reps:
is it only pvp or is there pvm? are there trade skills. im installing it right now so soon enough my q's will be a'd

Posted: July 25th, 2006, 9:06 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Please read the guides posted here and the Eve-Online forums, they will be a life safer for any new player.

There is plenty of PvP but do not get into it immediately and expect to win. Many, many skills have to be trained 1st. Aside from PvP there is mining, PvM missions, trade, research, building and probably more things I'm missing. Regardless of what path you take skill training is required and that is real time with no cheats.

Posted: August 9th, 2006, 2:41 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Its an "ok" game. Graphics can be kinda bad if you don't have a really really good graphics card. The game is also very laggy, and it seems to like to freeze at all the wrong moments. Compared to other games: fighting and stuff is easy.

Posted: August 9th, 2006, 4:35 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
waitinginshadow (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Its an "ok" game. Graphics can be kinda bad if you don't have a really really good graphics card. The game is also very laggy, and it seems to like to freeze at all the wrong moments. Compared to other games: fighting and stuff is easy.

I would argue these points but as of lately I can't. Eve performance has dropped off sharply this year mostly due to number pf players on at one time going from 8-10k to always 15k or more.

Enjoying the graphics is the same as any top end game, you want all the eye candy then you need a card that will give it too you.

Dragon code is being tauted as the cure for all the performance issues, it is serving the 30k users of Eve China quite well. Set for deployment end of this month. It better be darn good!

Posted: August 10th, 2006, 11:17 am

waitinginshadow

Yeah lol. I tried the game less than 5 months ago...Plus my graphics card only cost me $100...Only reason I even bought it in the first place is because I needed it to play FFXI...

Posted: August 10th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea that will save eve. As eve im going to say is one of the biggest potential MMOs out there.

Posted: August 10th, 2006, 5:20 pm

waitinginshadow

Ehh..."Potential" is the keyword there. I don't think its going to take off that well.

Posted: August 10th, 2006, 9:34 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Its going to take off real well. Eve will be at GenCon. China has Eve, CCP is getting noticed and of course some advertising is actually happening..

2006 wil be CCP's best year yet!

Posted: August 26th, 2006, 6:51 pm

jarvil
jarvil's Reps:
Its an interesting game. The goal is to earn money to have the freedom to do what you want. But generally the game is so huge that influence in one part of the galaxy doesnt extend to the other. Their are many NPC and player corporations all which have their own faction. Its a pretty impressive large scale player base and constantly evolving political landscape. From battles across multisystems over player owned stuctures in 0.0 space to small frigates taking pothots at NPC enemies in an asteroid field. From mining in a small ship trying to eke some money to stripmining ships with mineral specific laser systems to tear asteroids apart. From well equipped missle frigates to massive titans which require multiple players to pilot. From single player working his way in the 'verse to part of a large corporation heavily influencing a region of space. From a spy reporting corporation intel to a CEO talking up his corp as the best of the best. The game is very very intricate, the skill systems even work offline as well as online because you need 1m skill points to even start joining player owned corporations, or you can even make your own. Spread that across a vast starscape and you have EVE. If you want a taste of the skill system download eve-mon and look at the planning tab.

Enjoy

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online