taultunleashed logoJamming ideas and defense : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Jamming ideas and defense : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: January 23rd, 2006, 1:00 pm

wazza1
wazza1's Reps:
Using ECM or jamming causes your opponent to lose his locking ability for 20 seconds. So, if you successfully 'jammed' him, he will immediately stop firing his guns and missiles, he also lose his ability to warp scramble and web you. Anything that requires him to lock you will be suppressed for 20 seconds when you successfully 'jammed' him. he will need to wait for 20 seconds before he can lock you again. If you happen to jam him again on your next ECM cycle, then he will have to wait another 20 seconds.

An ECM burst module is a bit diferent though. It is like a smart bomb.
It does not cause the target to lose his locking ability, he will just lose his current lock.
He can lock you again immediately. Best use if you are being scrambled by pirates and are looking for a way to warp away to safety.
Just activate the ECM burst and immediately warp to a safe location away from the pirates. All the pirates will lose their lock for a brief time and also their scrambling ability with it, until they re-lock. Best done, when you are aligned to your next location and up to warp speed.
There are ways to counter 'jamming' or ECM. If you are a missile user, you can switch to FOF missiles which attacks the nearest hostile without a lock required.
Use the ECM modules before he does. In an event where both parties have ECM modules, the one that locks first will have the advantage of 'jamming' his target before he can activate his ECMs, thus effectively stopping a opponent from using any jamming equipment. (To jam, u need to lock!)

Drones are also an advantage if you manage to lock the enemy first and instruct drones to attack him, before you are jammed by the enemy. Once the instruction are given, the drones will continue to harrass the enemy even if you lose your lock due to being 'jammed' by the opponent.

*edit: I just thought this would help some people...

edited by Buck 11/31/06
new electronic warfare drones change this tactic somewhat also...beware.

Last edited by Guest on January 25th, 2006, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: January 24th, 2006, 10:24 pm

cas00022
cas00022's Reps:
Ahhh! so hard to read! plzzzz use enter! :shock: lol and most pep know about that its whats it ment 4 :wink:

Posted: November 30th, 2006, 7:11 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Actually a lot of folks don't know about or use electronic countermeasures, including myself.
This is a old post but valid and I've moved it here.
Also cleaned up the original.

Posted: January 4th, 2007, 1:37 pm

the__mask
the__mask's Reps:
You do NOT have to have a target locked for drones to attack it. It helps to be able to tell the drones to attack a certain target, but if you are capable of flying many drones, you can simply launch them and the next ship that target jams you or attacks you will be their primary target. Unfortunately, if you launch AFTER the initial attack, the drones will simply orbit you uselessly. HOWEVER, since JAMMING is a passive attack, it will cause the drones to acquire the target doing the jamming. Even if it's after the initial attack. I use this tactic a lot as I use a dominix for ratting/gate camping.

Posted: January 28th, 2007, 2:23 am

probe this
probe this's Reps:
Jamming + Damping is funny, once u break there lock it will take them alot longer to lock u once they are damped and if the can get in range.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online