[ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Logout Trick : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: December 14th, 2009, 8:15 am

crydex

Total Posts: 54
crydex's Reps: 2
premium
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, so if it has please disregard this posting.

I have experienced this nasty game mechanic far to often recently. Players who log off immediatly after jumping through a gate are UNLOCKABLE and enter a warp state and will bounce around to random safe spots untill the player ship despawns after 30 seconds. (I believe the player ship will only despawn if they had no aggressed for 15 minutes). It should be noted that your ship will not warp if you jump into a system that has a warp bubble on the gate.

Fair warning, you can be probed out and killed within the despawn period by a skilled prober. I know this because we probed and killed a tengu before it could despawn (the player was shown offline but the ship was still online).

So, if you're being chased by an enemy gang jump out of this system your in, while your ship is jumping to the next system logout. If your fortunate enough not to have jumped into a warp bubble your ship will auto-warp to safe spots untill depsawn. During the initial warp off the gate you will not be targetable.

-Note, I am not sure if you can sustain damage from area effect weapons such as bombs while in this state.

Posted: December 16th, 2009, 12:26 pm

nox404

Total Posts: 1
nox404's Reps: 0
Well that is right only if you have been fighting with people... The normal despawn time is 30sec to 1 min. But if you shot at someone then your despawn timer will be extended out to 15 mins from the time you attacked.

There is an old trick in the book. I do not know if it still works.
If someone is hunting you down or someone has you scrammed. you could login to another toon on the same account and you would insta despawn from the game on the other toon that is being attacked. It used to be used a lot be freighter pilots.

If anyone could confirm this please.

I will try to later today.

Posted: December 21st, 2009, 11:19 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online