taultunleashed logoRemote Repping (AKA Spider Tanking) : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Remote Repping (AKA Spider Tanking) : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: June 10th, 2008, 9:14 am

blackice

Total Posts: 10
blackice's Reps: 2
Spider Tanking? wtf is that I hear you ask! Well it's essentially using repair drones or using remote repair modules. Now for those who don't know about such stuff it's essentially a module that fits in the High Slot and comes in Small, Medium, Large and Capital size. There are T1 and T2 counterparts aswell.

There are essentually three types of remote repping (excluding cap transfering) that can be done, Shield, Armor and Hull. Tradditionally Remote Repping lays within the realms of a Logistics ship of some sort but beleive it or not - a BC or a BS are also aweseome at remote repping - especially when you have several in a gang performing remote repping on a target - hense the "spider tanking" that remote repping has been dubbed.

Why bother? Picture this.... your in your gang and you jump through to a system which has a gate camp - oops now where was that scout dang it! Ahem.. anyways - as eggs are eggs one of your gang members will be called primary by the enemy - and it's likely to be a jammer or some other ship that provides you a tactical advantage - or just plainly to get an easy to kill. So what the rest of you do is target and remote rep the gang member who has been primaried - this will result in them likely calling another target so you need to switch. At the same time - you should have been conducting business as usual and unleashing hell on them.

See it's easy enough to follow

The great thing is that CCP in their wisdom hardly make it easy for ship fits and often you end up with a free high slot which you usually bung on a nos or drone augmentor etc... no longer!! Fit a remote repper.

So on to the reppers and the skills required - I'll just cover medium and large.

Medium Remote Armor Repair System I is your basic remote armor repairer - again this comes in named and T2 and requires the following skills to use:-

Remote Armor Repair Systems Level II
Mechanic Level III
Repair Systems Level II

Medium Shield Transporter I is your basic remote shield tranporter (repper) - this comes in named and T2 and requires the following skills to use:-

Shield Emission Systems Level I
Engineering Level III
Science Level II

Large Shield Transporter I is your basic remote shield tranporter (repper) - this comes in named and T2 and requires the following skills to use:-

Shield Emission Systems Level I
Engineering Level III
Science Level II

Large Remote Armor Repair System I is your basic remote armor repairer - again this comes in named and T2 and requires the following skills to use:-

Remote Armor Repair Systems Level III
Mechanic Level III
Repair Systems Level II

As you can see, you need some additional skills. To be fair, it's not much and will only take you a few hours to learn how to use them. So go on, give them a go - you never know, one might save someone elses ship and they yours one day

Posted: June 10th, 2008, 1:37 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium.

Posted: August 24th, 2008, 5:01 pm

knauber
knauber's Reps:
Spider Tanking seems to be very popular right now. Remote repping during a wardec seems to be an exploit that CCP hasnt address yet. During a wardec with my corp, the enemy had several alt's that they used to rep themselves.

Not much we could do about it in high sec space.

Posted: August 18th, 2009, 4:55 pm

falconkrunch

Total Posts: 1
falconkrunch's Reps: 0
/yay

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online