newtopic  postreply
 [ 14 posts ] 
blue large dot

Scan Probing : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: June 27th, 2006, 11:35 pm

omega322

Total Posts: 13
omega322's Reps: 0
When In a system use a device that cuase massive power drain, when your ship has roughly 98% of its max power tell it to warp somewhere far away. since your power is so low youll only go about halfway, when ur ship stops tell it to stop again then launch cargo and bookmark that spot(this way later on when in hostil territory you can go to a safe spot no other can go to directly unless they are in your gang)

edited and moved by Buck: the post above is common game play but the following posts are great for scan probe usages and good safe spots!

Posted: June 28th, 2006, 10:49 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: June 28th, 2006, 12:11 pm

nikeplektrum

Total Posts: 673
nikeplektrum's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Common sense =/

/NAY but its useful

Posted: June 28th, 2006, 1:52 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Nay, nothing unique.

Posted: July 23rd, 2006, 5:07 am

sirtech
sirtech's Reps:
You can make a book mark whilst "in warp" between 2 points anyway,
so this way is more fiddly!

A better idear is to fit an MWD and just go off in a direction away from all other points in the system for 20mins, repeating as capacitor drains, till you are really in the middle of nowhere!

Posted: July 29th, 2006, 3:02 am

teshuj
teshuj's Reps:
Yea this isnt an exploit its done by everyone in the game. And its called Safespotting.

And like previous poster said you can do it while in warp. But unlike he said, its NOT better to fit an MWD and go off in a random direction for 20 minutes. its much better do make it mid warp.

The best POSSIBLE way is to get a discovery probe and use it to make a safespot off the map. All safespots, dispite their name, are not safe. You can be found using probes.

Posted: July 29th, 2006, 10:05 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Yep, the bast safe spot is one made when warping between 2 previous made safe spots. It may show during a scan but someone is going to have a long drive getting there or does a successful scan probe allow to warp to that spot?

Posted: August 1st, 2006, 11:51 am

teshuj
teshuj's Reps:
Successful scan probe allows you to warp directly to someone, and most people who use them are in ships that can cloak, so they can warp to you while cloaked and you wouldnt even know. They then get their entire gang to warp to you.

So the BEST of the best safespots are either made previous to the Exodus expansion. Previous to it, you could warp book mark a system, then in another system try to "warp to" it and go around over 1000 AU away. thats pretty much impossible to scan for, however it is an exploit and receives a ban if caught.

Best possible safe spot creatable now is with the "Observer deep space probe I", In a previous post I said discovery probe, but I was inncorrect in probe names ;). Observer probe throws you pretty much at a random spot within like 120 AU. And if you are off the systems x axis by at least 1 au, you cannot be probed for. And Observer Probes can find you but they are incredibly inacurate.

Posted: August 1st, 2006, 1:31 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
How long to do a location scan with a probe? Could a user warp to his safespot and log out and be safe?

Posted: August 2nd, 2006, 12:59 pm

teshuj
teshuj's Reps:
Depends on what they are probing with. If they are using a Covert Ops they can probe you in less than 2 minutes if they are good.

And for
"Could a user war to his safespot and log out and be safe?"
Depends, if they have had ANY combat be it PvE or PvP they have a 30 minute counter on their character that if they log out they will remain in space until that 30 minute counter is done. That means they can still be probed. So in that case no.

If they had happend to not been targetted by a single NPC or person within the last 30 minutes, and they are lucky, then yea they'd be safe.

Btw if you wanna test what I said about that 30 minute thing. Go attack a friend, get him to log out in front of you. By logging it'll warp him away somewhere probably around 300,000km away. He wont be in the same spot but he will remain in space for 30 minutes, and if you were to get a prober to search for him, It'd be easy.

If you are in a system wehre you are camped to hell and have no choice but to log and hope they go away heres the best thing you can do:

Make multiple safe spots. Most likely you wont just happen to have a great off the map safe spot in the system, so go ahead and war to a planet or a moon you know doesnt have a POS at it, and make a safe spot. Do the same to another planet, and another. Then make safe spots in between the safe spots. Warp from safe spot to safe spot about every minute or 2 for the next 30 minutes and then when you are pretty sure its been 30 minutes since your last pve or pvp interaction go ahead and log out and hope for the best.

If you are in mid warp while someone is probing, they wont get good results.

Posted: December 11th, 2006, 9:29 am

bildur1
bildur1's Reps:
I currently run a helios for probing.

I have the following

Cloaking 5
Survey 5
Astrometrics 5
Astrometric Pinpointing 3
Astrometric Triangulation 4
Signal Acquisition 4

I can probe ships every 38 seconds and accuracy is typically within 0m.

I usually go to a point as close to the center of the system as possible and launch a ferret....

warp to area and destroy ferret and launch the snoop....I can usually get on top a target in less then a minute maybe a minute and half.

As somone posted above....the better safe spot is one off the grid entirely...grab an interceptor with micro warp drive.....go to object closest to grid border and head out into space as long as you can stnad doing it....

Posted: October 19th, 2008, 7:05 am

dramon69
dramon69's Reps:
Im new to this site but after reading this post i thought i would share what i do to make a good safe spot which cant be scanned out !

I do this in 0.0 when im ratting in a reasonably quite system away from any hubs ...

jump into system and from the gate scan the system using your onboard directional scanner now you need to figure out which asteroid belt or planet are not in scan range find the furthest one between all the gates once this is done warp to that belt or planet in a crow and mwd for about 20 - 30 mins in that direction once you get out so far drop a gravi probe you know the one that scanns a whole system once you cant see the planet you warped to you find your out of system grid ! Make a bookmark there and you can make as many as you like from there to say the next nearest object in space best set of safes in space ....

Posted: October 22nd, 2008, 12:04 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can you make a new post dramon so we can move it and give you tu bucks :)

Posted: July 15th, 2009, 6:14 pm

replicator_fifth

Total Posts: 26
replicator_fifth's Reps: 2
Tault_buckw1 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Nay, nothing unique.
Indeed. its common sence. more of a tip then a cheat.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online