taultunleashed logoULTIMATE APOCALYPSE SETUP ( EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT ) : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

ULTIMATE APOCALYPSE SETUP ( EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT ) : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: June 22nd, 2005, 2:21 am

tault_chaolyl
tault_chaolyl's Reps:
right, to start off with you need quite a bit of experience, AND, skills
and money.....

High Slots :
6 Tachyon Beam Lasers (multifrequency)
2 Siege Missile launchers (IF CAN FIT AFTER REST OF SETUP)

Med Slots :
3 Sensor booster II's
1 Target painter II

Low Slots :
2 Radar-backup array II's
2 Reactor Control Units ( tech II IF possible )
3 Heat Sink II's

That will give you a insta-lock (even pod), and VERY dangerous ship, PERFECT FOR PIRATES WHO LIKE THERE JOB, OR ANTI-PIRATES :)

Posted: August 29th, 2005, 7:56 am

tault_azzy
tault_azzy's Reps:
until you get killed by a hac ... :)

Posted: December 21st, 2005, 7:57 pm

boywho8ramen
boywho8ramen's Reps:
no armor boosting? i am assuming this ship is for quick "wham bam thank you ma'm" battles. I do like the prospect of insta-targeting. I will have to give it a try. Thanks

Posted: March 9th, 2006, 11:45 am

tryst46
tryst46's Reps:
I think you'd be better with longer range weapons. I normally prefer rails on a BS since they are too slow to get in close. They can target from a long range so why not use that advantage to gank from a long range. Even a hac won't get a chance to get close enough to do very much. Use 2 range types for ammo so that you do more damage the closer they get.

To get close enough to make beams useful, you need a 100mn mwd and with that, you may as well paint a big red bullseye on your BS cos your sig radius will go through the roof.

Instead of siege missiles, why not go for FOF Cruise? they are faster and have nearly double the rate of fire so 2 FOF Cruise launchers can probably do more damage in the same time as 2 siege missile launchers. 4 missiles instead of 2 at 65% of the damage per missile is an additoinal 60% damage. Siege are mostly for structures since they can be out manouvered easily by a fast ship. It helps that I manufacture missiles so I get to know the specs of them.

Posted: April 1st, 2006, 11:22 am

eagerd
eagerd's Reps:
Cruise missles all the way. Yep a hack could rip this apart.

Posted: April 23rd, 2006, 4:13 pm

helmsdeepelf
helmsdeepelf's Reps:
Can you explain why a hac would rape that ship

Posted: June 12th, 2006, 4:00 am

tigerclaw
tigerclaw's Reps:
its got no shield boosters or armour boosters, so basically the idea of this ship is to kill the other person first then warp away, because you have no self repair

Posted: June 27th, 2006, 9:33 pm

toouncommon
toouncommon's Reps:
helmsdeepelf (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
[color=green]Can you explain why a hac would rape that ship

Because a HAC could absorb all that damage for a half hour while returning enough fire to take out the shields and armor.

Also, a Vampire ship could also get close enough to shut down your power, heck you cant even warp away when you got no power.

A bit of balancing could make this work. At least a large armor rep and a faction energised adaptive nano plate would make this a much more sustainable ship in 2-1 combat (i.e. if you get jumped.)

NOW, where this ship would shine would be in a pack with a few more like it and a few tacklers and a decoy...

Hmmm.[/color]

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online