taultunleashed logoWhat is the best pvp ship : EVE Online General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

What is the best pvp ship : EVE Online General Discussions

Posted: July 28th, 2005, 1:18 pm

x infinity
x infinity's Reps:
Ok guys what do you think is the best pvp ship out there. a friend of mine told me the best pvp was a heavy assalt ship. but what do you guys think?

Posted: July 28th, 2005, 9:15 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
I agree, although if finances are a issue a assault frigate with t2 guns is real good.

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 3:29 pm

foxflame
foxflame's Reps:
Um, a Heavy Assault Ship is a crusier buck. Assault ships are frigates.

Infinity, due to the paper, rock, scissors aspect of Eve Online, there is no best ship really, although HAC (Heavy Assault Cruisers) and BS (Battleships) are probably the most powerful for PvP and are least likely to get killed easily. Bear in mind though, that a battleship can be taken out by a group of frigates, so you're not instantly invulnerable. HACs are nice because they have very high resistances, smaller signature radii than battleships, are more manueverable, and can hit frigates easier than battleships can. So your friend is probably correct.

Posted: August 24th, 2005, 6:26 pm

teshuj
teshuj's Reps:
Assault ships are great, and the best in my opinion. I've killed so many people in my AF ( Enyo ) its rediculous

Enyo + t2 blasters, t2 ab, webber, armor rep and the rest cap. Faction items if available (other than the blasters)

That is all you need to kill even a bs if you got a scrambler. They will eat your shield fast, but your armor will just regen by the time their next hit comes.

Me and a friend duolo'd a geddon just the other night with 2 enyos. 1 webbing and 1 warp disrupting. Orbited around 1km and just pwned.

Posted: September 2nd, 2005, 3:48 pm

godofants
godofants's Reps:
Since you are writing a post asking for what the best ship for pvp is, I'll assume you aren't experienced.

My suggestions, learn to fight in a frigate or assualt frigate for you rich folks out there, they are cheap, disposable, a frigate with t1 gear should cause you less then 500k. Learn to think fast, get used to the fact that a human with brains is attempting to kill you.

Secondly,, if you are cheap and have had experienced with a frgate, use a cruiser, the Thorax is admirably powerful and capable of taking down battleships and HACs. The maller, stabber, and other ships have similary powerful setups. Cruisers should not be underestimated.

If your rich, fly a HAC or a BS. Lean about the different ships, I'll leave it to you to figure out why the thorax, stabber, and maller are so good. The thorax has the obvious advangtage, but the maller/stabber are a bit more subtle.

Posted: September 4th, 2005, 12:36 pm

prayingbandit
prayingbandit's Reps:
I agree with godo the more experienced you are and more knowledge you have about the ships the better you will do at pvp.

Posted: December 14th, 2005, 4:17 pm

tault_aradon
tault_aradon's Reps:
retorical question as there is no "best" ship in eve, there are best classes and those are the elites, but you have to remember that they have their own roles.

Ceptors are fantastic ships for tackling, they can get in fast, stay close, and scramble up your target, they are very hard to hit and can cause you all sortsa problems.

Assault frigates are fantastic solo ships, you can easily handle any frig and deal with cruisers with the right setup (they are anti cruiser)

HAC's are the beasts of PVP, their primary role is anti BS, they make mince meat of cruisers and can cause much bigger ships many problems.

Generally go for what you can use best, if you are caldari with fantastic rocket skills, go crow, and so on and so forth, fly what you are skilled to fly or you will come a cropper.

Posted: August 9th, 2006, 11:21 pm

goblinz2000
goblinz2000's Reps:
heavy assult ships are perfect for taking down battleships and anything in between. get a webber nos, warp scram II and a buddy with the same setup, you can take down a BS real quick. me and my buddy are a 2 man loner pvp group, lol, we own ravens and geddons all day long in heavy assult ships. and also frigate sized assult ships are bad a$$ to gank with due to small sig radius, and speed. a raven with anything more than heavy launchers is as good as dead.

Posted: October 3rd, 2006, 4:35 am

tault712

Total Posts: 94
tault712's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
In my opinion it's the Stabber as it's a super fast cruiser with six high slots which will out gunn or out tank most small ships.

Or if you have the money go for a vagabond which is the heavy assault ship and also the fastest cruiser out there.

But my advise would be to play to your skills, you will have no chance of fighting if you dont have the right level of skills.

Posted: October 29th, 2006, 10:19 am

violatedrbrn
violatedrbrn's Reps:
There is no best
Each ship can be beaten with a certain ship or setup. Thats a good thing 'bout Eve.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online