newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

EVE Guide: Hourly Cash : EVE Online Guides | Free EVE Guides

Posted: September 16th, 2006, 1:10 pm

sepulcher
sepulcher's Reps:
Hourly Cash

This is the most common type of moneymaking, so I'll try to make it relatively simple and short, as everyone knows about most of this.

Mission running. This is quite simple. The more you kill, the faster you do it, and the lower sec you are in, the more you earn. Generally, the most important thing is to do the missions as fast as possible while still killing the structures/bosses that drop loot and checking their cans. This is learned with experience. Picking up loot from enemies, as far as I have found, is generally a waste of time unless one has time (as in a Blockade mission against BSs) or one is in a small, fast ship. Remember that higher quality, higher level, and also lower security level of the system is extremely important in good payout. A 1.0 agent will give very little in terms of LPs.

Mining. Outside of 0.0 space, its just a matter of getting as many people as possible to suck on a roid for as long as possible with the best skills possible. Not very hard. In 0.0, its a bit more interesting. In a small mining op, tanking the rats is usually the best idea. In a larger one, covetors and the like can mine while a single ship tanks the rats. Mercoxit, by the way, is a great ore, and if you have the skills and time to mine it, it makes loads of money.

The following section is VERY out of date. There are better guides for NPC trading, and since its now viable, I'd avoid the original text here.
NPC trade good trading. I would avoid this like the plague with the current influx of freighters. From what I have seen, it is very hard to make reasonable profits anymore without a freighter, due to freighters crashing the NPC prices. However, one can effectively use sell orders (and buy orders) to make it unecessary to log on just after downtime to sell (or buy) one's goods. This isn't hard to figure out, but I will leave it as an exercise to the reader. If you combine using buy/sell orders and finding a good, unspoiled route, you can make pretty good cash even without a freighter. Also, many routes are also very under-run, yielding good profit among the many bad routes. I won't go into extreme detail about finding these, as there is a guide around here somewhere devoted entirely to this.

Hunting NPCs in belts. The trick here is to do it in as low security space as possible, as fast as possible, and while picking as much of the high end loot as possible. Never let a battleship loot can go unchecked: these drop a lot more than the mission battleships do.

Escrow. If you pay attention to escrow and sell orders forums enough, you'll get a good idea as to what things are worth. If you sort escrow by time placed and stick to the stop, refreshing it, you can catch items placed that are undervalued, or are even placed for zero ISK. You can make absolute loads, if you are lucky. Its good to do when you're bored. It requires little thought, but needs a quick analysis of the value of groups of items, before someone else grabs it.

There are other methods of Hourly cash-earning, but they are less common, such as courier agents. I will not comment on piracy as a method for earning cash, as obviously that doesn't belong in this topic, and belongs more in a thread in Crime and Punishment. In addition, there are many services one can offer to earn money hourly: for example, long-distance freighter couriers. These are out of the scope of this guide, but you can do anything--be creative!

Posted: September 16th, 2006, 1:26 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Copy and pasted from
http://www.eve-offline.nl/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=54
Submitted for ban.

Could premium members please vote yay or nay

Posted: September 16th, 2006, 6:46 pm

chebasaz
chebasaz's Reps:
If you're asking if I'll vote aye for a ban, then aye indeed. Plagerism is bad mmkay?

Posted: September 16th, 2006, 8:17 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Agreed, most is C&P, I suggest he read the rules REAL FAST before posting anything else.

Posted: September 17th, 2006, 8:54 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
He's already being banned for 3 C+P. And dont vote yay or nay for banning him but for moving to confirmed.

Posted: September 17th, 2006, 3:46 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Nay, this info is common sense.

Posted: September 20th, 2006, 7:40 pm

sepulcher
sepulcher's Reps:
I copied this from a corp forum post along with some other a the daily guide. I did a search and found it on the forums after the fact. You can remove this thread.

Posted: September 21st, 2006, 5:41 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea rabid already found the c+p and he was banned

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online