taultunleashed logoHow to create a ceasefire with NPC Pirates in 0.0 : EVE Online Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

How to create a ceasefire with NPC Pirates in 0.0 : EVE Online Nerfed Info

Posted: April 5th, 2004, 12:55 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I'm not 100% sure how this works but here goes anyway.

When you warp into a belt, find a roid that you want to mine. Make sure you have a spawn consisting of 3-4 cruisers, no frigates, no bs, as they deal damage fast!

Only shoot ships that attack you (you should know by which ships have targetted you) if a ship doesnt attack you, dont shoot it, unless it starts attacking you.

DO NOT KILL OFF SPAWN :!: :!: If you kill of the spawn, there will be a new spawn of a unpredictable size and the position of where they spawn is randomized. You could get a battleship(s) for all you know by killing off the spawn.

By not killing of the spawn, the current spawn will keep trying to regrow to the original size. Eventually you might get a spawn of 4 cruisers which just ignore you and your corp mates.

I cannot guarantee that this will work, however i have had it work with Angel Legionaires/Scouts. It takes about an hour to do and lasts until they jump out the belt and a new spawn jumps in, which is a very long time.

I have not tried this will frigate/bs npc rats and i have no idea how they would react to the method of which I use.

Please send me a PM of how you got on with this method with the different types of NPC

Regards

Pyros

Posted: April 13th, 2004, 10:10 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
You say not to attack the spawn, until they attack you. You also say not to kill off the entire spawn. Of course all of the ships are going to eventually attack you, so how can you keep some of the rats around with them not firing on you?

Posted: April 27th, 2004, 10:29 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
You shoot and kill the ones that shoot you, and leave the ones that dont. If you have a shield tanking setup, then you can wait to kill them if they shoot you. If they do not shoot you, as long as you dont shoot them, they shouldnt change their minds. Works on Angels anyway.

Posted: April 27th, 2004, 10:32 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
The reason i say dont kill of the spawn is that, the spawn will always try grow to the original size, if you kill off a spawn, then another spawn will eventually come, and it could contain npc battleship(s).

Just try the method, it takes about an hour, but last for as long as the spawn is on the belt.

This issue may have been sorted in the latest patch, as all npcs can now target multiple targets at the same time.

Pyros

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online