newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Homemade Mineral/Ore Calculator : EVE Online Submissions

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 11:14 am

makeshift27015

Total Posts: 2
makeshift27015's Reps: 0
It may not be one of the prettiest programs in the world, nor as pretty as perhaps a webpage, but nonetheless, I like how it turned out. It is most definitely not finished as of yet.

I will be taking feature requests for it as well, soon.

What It Does

It grabs average mineral prices from across all regions. (You can edit these to your own prices too)
It uses those prices to tell you how much the ore you have is worth if refined and sold. Includes +5% and +10% rocks. Takes into account your refine percentage too.
It also uses those prices to tell you how much the minerals you have are worth if sold.
Checks for program updates on startup, so it will automatically download and update to the newest without you having to manually come and download it again.

What It Will Do in the Future

Read the API to grab your refining levels to tell you EXACTLY how much you will make with your skills.
Allow you to limit the prices to a selection of regions, or systems, to find the average prices in custom locations.
Add ice.
Add a totals column (Uggghh, you have no idea how badly I coded this. I completely forgot about a totals column and the way I've coded it, it makes it very very difficult to add one. I'll go through and rewrite all the mineral price grabbing later so I can add a proper column)

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please post below.

Download Link.(Also the manual download link, if the automatic updater fails, which it shouldn't *Crosses fingers)

(If this isn't allowed, Mods, please confirm the link is what I say it is or just remove the link)
For those that don't trust that link, here: The MD5 for version 0.25 is e09938dcada0196646df894b162c1337
Virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9f6ce7024e4e8f17e6b28cb3863c323347f1c0419885850c0d9e76ece1481117-1274820789

Notes and Warnings

DO NOT rename Mineral Calc.exe, if you do, the automatic updater may bug out and go "WOOOAAAHHH, DUUUUDE, MINERAL CALC AIN'T THERE, WTF DO I DO NOW?!" basically.
The mineral updater will probably not work if you are not connected to the internet, since I had a hiccup and coded it the wrong way round, I'll fix it in the next version.
The automatic updater will also not work if you are not connected to the internet, and might bug out.
In fact, the entire thing probably won't work if you're not connected to the internet, and might bug out. I'll fix it later, I promise.
Don't be surprised if it takes a few seconds to start up, it versionchecks and updates the prices before the GUI shows. If it takes more than 2 seconds, your ping sucks.

Tada.

Proof this isn't a virus:
There are 4 false positives. All of them say 'Autohotkey' or similar, or a downloader, which autohotkey is sometimes falsified as. Upload any autohotkey file and you will get the same result (RoidRipper is a great test)

A 'yay' would be nice, if not, I will continue working on this project anyway, since it's fun :).

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 11:22 am

makeshift27015

Total Posts: 2
makeshift27015's Reps: 0
OK, I'm having trouble viewing my first post, possibly because it's quite long. If you would like to read it in full, hit quote so you can read it all.
Cheers :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online