taultunleashed logoSmall mining tricks. : EVE Online Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Small mining tricks. : EVE Online Submissions

Posted: June 17th, 2007, 1:15 am

zsadist
zsadist's Reps:
A Coveter has a good sized cargo hold of 4000.A simple thing to do is buy a giant secure cargo container and put it in your hold.You will have 1000 space left.Open the cargo container after leaving the station.When mining cycle your mining lasers/strip miners on and off shifting your mined ore from your cargo to the secure container.

Why bother doing this?A giant secure cargo container holds 3900,but it only takes up 3000 space in a cargo hold.You get 900 extra ore mined if you fill up the rest of the cargo hold.That's 4900 in a 4000 cargo hold.Not that big a deal in more worthless ores,but a tidy extra profit for the more valuable ones.

Never stay close to the warp point of an asteroid belt,you know that triangle in space.People warping in will usually come out around that area.Get at least 15km away from it,30km to be safe.

There is an iffy trick to escape being warp scrambled,it might work it might not.It varies,but it never hurts to try it if you have no other options.

Reduce your capacitor to nothing by turning on everything that uses energy as soon as you see a suspicious ship,then warp out to a gate or station.You won't have enough energy to warp the full way.But if you have nothing in your capicitor,you have nothing to scramble.

Also,some people forget you can mine more than one asteroid at a time.First target one activate your laser,then target another and select it and activate your laser.How many you can mine at once is only limited by how many lasers you can mount,the number of targets you are trained to acquire,and how many your ship will target.

P.S.Don't forget to prealign your ship to a handy station in case you need a fast exit.I do it by selecting Dock in the dropdown menu as soon as I'm at the location I wish to mine in.Then quickly stopping my ship before it enters warp.

P.P.S.Well excuse me for making a little mistake by neglecting to put "belt" in there.Even if you are silly enough to believe that's what I meant,I said "triangle in space".

As for the capacitor thing,yes that has worked for me before.I didn't understand why I was able to flee with a "you are being warp scrambled" message.I asked a clan mate who's been around a long time what happened.

I was in a Coveter with no stabs or anything of the sort.The only thing we could figure out was I had NO energy in my capacitor at all.I only warped a short distance,but it was enough to get away from the pirate.

As for the whole yay or nay thing,I really don't care one way or another.I was just trying to help out new miners,not win something.From the response though,I have no intention of doing that again.

This is as the title says "Small mining tricks.",not a guide.Nor am I claiming I invented anything new.Just sharing things I wish someone had told me when I first started.So slam me all you want,I could care less.I do know I won't be sticking around to hear you.

You have some rude people here admin,have fun with them.

Last edited by Guest on June 21st, 2007, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: June 18th, 2007, 7:11 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: June 18th, 2007, 8:41 am

potobble
potobble's Reps:
/nay

All common knowledge, easily available by simply reading the forums at eve-online.com. Pretty sure all of this is listed in the mining guides stickied there.

Posted: June 18th, 2007, 12:14 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
0 yays 3 more to move to confirmed
1 nays 2 more to lock this topic

Posted: June 18th, 2007, 3:30 pm

xlr82xs

Total Posts: 41
xlr82xs's Reps: 2
nay

not only is most of the information available on the official forums, but the information that isn't is wrong...

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
But if you have nothing in your capicitor,you have nothing to scramble.

damn those new nossing scram modules.. have to make sure you fit stab regen modules or something.... ???

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Never stay close to the warp point of an asteroid,you know that triangle in space.People warping in will usually come out around that area.Get at least 15km away from it,30km to be safe.

yep definantly make sure you stay atleast 15km away from the roid you're mining... just train zomg super hax mine skillz to rank 3 so your 10km range normal mining lasers and 15km range strips will actually reach far enough to i don't know mine

Posted: June 19th, 2007, 6:21 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
0 yays 3 more to move to confirmed
2 nays 1 more to lock this topic

Posted: June 22nd, 2007, 1:20 am

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
/nay

it works but it's been known for quite a while now and like potobble said, this information can also be found in the mining guides : /

Posted: June 22nd, 2007, 6:05 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online