taultunleashed logoEQ Producer, Craig Knapp speaks out about Hacks and Exploits : EQ1 EverQuest 1 Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ Producer, Craig Knapp speaks out about Hacks and Exploits : EQ1 EverQuest 1 Discussion

Posted: November 11th, 2005, 8:13 pm

tault_o___o
tault_o___o's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Hacks and Exploits

As any developer will tell you, we get into this industry because we enjoy games and we enjoy making them. That is why I dislike even having to mention hacks and exploits, but it is a reality that needs to be addressed.

As many of you know, we've spent a significant amount of time on our reporting systems to detect various hacks and exploits. The end result will provide a really positive impact. For example, without the reporting tools, we took action on over 1,000 accounts during the month of October. Although that number may seem high, the numbers generated by our reporting tools are considerably higher. These tools are currently limited to generating reports, but we are rapidly approaching a time where these will be used in a more robust manner. I won't go into detail, but I'd like to encourage anyone playing outside the natural boundaries of EverQuest to get back in those boundaries. Whatever advancement these exploits provide to individuals is not worth the damage that it does to the EverQuest community. Consider this fair warning.

Posted: August 4th, 2006, 8:59 am

mardilpdx
mardilpdx's Reps:
hacking, go figure

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online