EQService a dream? : EQ1 EverQuest 1 Discussion

Posted: June 7th, 2004, 7:28 am

devestator

Total Posts: 64
devestator's Reps: 2
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Hey,
I know Wyv was the one that originaly talked about working on this and has been busy with other things, but I was just wondering will we ever see an EQService like the DAOC or FFXI services?

I would write one myself but I still havn't figured out all this damn grabbing information from memory stuff. I've tried doing what people said and watching the memory for what changes, but the point that they loose me is talking about finding the pointer for the function that writes the value to the memory. Ugh... I've got a lot to learn yet in this department. If someone could just show me a straight example of capturing a piece of data from the memory though I'm sure I could do it. I mean I can do Notepad and all that based off the examples given but EQ is totally different...

But the point is I would love to start writing some scripts for EQ through XU, but right now I dont have any information available to me to do it. Im about to learn the code for another 3rd party program and start programming in it for my EQ needs if something like this isn't on the near horizon. I know I'm hoping for a lot as the other 3rd party program has a crapload of information available, more than I'm sure any EQ Service could have in the near future but I would rather stay with programming in XU.

Posted: June 7th, 2004, 11:16 am

devestator

premium
Yes Joreal thats the other 3rd program I'm currently using I just havn't bothered to learn the custom language they use yet in hopes that XU will get a descent plugin supporting EQ. VBScript would be much more powerful than the custom scripting they use.

For now I've just been using other peoples macros to do what I needed to get done, but like I said there are other things I want to do that I will have to learn their language for if XU dosn't get a plugin.

But the admin may end up editing out your link, on the old forums they had a filter to automatically change stuff like that to a third party program so I assume they dont like it :) Especially when your linking to a free open source program that performs better than theirs in at least one specific area. Can't say I blame them, I wouldn't want people advertising on my forums either hehe. Thats why I always refer to it as a 3rd party program, I like XU and respect the guys who work on it so I'm not going to do something they wouldn't like.

Posted: June 7th, 2004, 11:37 am

joreallean

Total Posts: 98
joreallean's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Guides)
I would say that would be true if it was a generalized program, but MQ is very specific to only EQ. Which as it appears Xunleashed doesn't have a huge push to get involved. Which very well could be because there is already such a powerful program for that app.

Who knows...If they rip the link no biggie...

Posted: June 7th, 2004, 4:14 pm

Admin

Total Posts: 1168
Admin's Reps: 4
administrator
premium
Discussion about 3rd party apps is allowed in the members only sections of this site only.

Ie, the Macros/Scripts forums, Quest/Guides, and Exploits/Hidden Features.

That being said, we would love for somebody to use XU with EQ. Currently, somebody could create some very nice EQ scripts using the script host or macros, etc.

Posted: June 7th, 2004, 8:37 pm

devestator

premium
Yes admin, there could be some pretty nice scripts if someone knew how to get the values of stuff out of the memory or packet sniff them. Other than that theres not much that you can reliably do using just getpixelcolor to determine your information.

Like I said if I could get someone to show me an example of the memory stuff I'm sure I could do the rest.. but people are stubourn on sharing that information out right hehe.

I can read in the memory but it's all a jumbled mess, when I asked Wyv about it he told me I had to watch for changes.. I can do that to but their are a couple hundred changes continously.. and wyv also said something about finding the pointers and just totally lost me there.

I've never done reverse engineering or programming like that so I dont know how to hook into one of EQs functions to get information from it.

Posted: June 29th, 2004, 12:21 am

drdeath
drdeath's Reps:
Try reading the tutorials on DMA here http://sheeps.reversing.info/?p=tut they should give you an idea about searching for values that move about and how to do some code injection to make them statics.

Its not for the feint hearted but works ok.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online