Leveling Guide : EQ1 EverQuest 1 Discussion

Posted: January 17th, 2004, 12:17 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Hunting Guide

Ok lets decide on where you want to start. What race do you want to be? Wood Elf? Half Elf? High Elf? Dwarf? Gnome? Halfling? Human? Vah Shir? Froglok? Erudite? Barbarian? Ogre? Troll? Dark Elf? Iksar? There is a wide variety of races to choose from. Personally I have not tried the Froglok, Ogre, Vah Shir, or Erudite. But it does not matter because I can still give you hints on where it is best for your lvl, usually not mattering what race you are. Next obviously is where you want to start, some races such as the Human or Half Elf, have a variety of places to choose from. If you choose these races you can start in Freeport, Qeynos, or Surefall Glade. These of course depending on what race/class/deity you are affiliated with. Ok enough bull with the newbie stuff now, its over with, choose what you want and where you wanna start it does not matter, just do what you want to do and not what others do. You will have a lot more fun. Next the hunting guide.

Usually about 1-5 you should hunt around your starting area and look for quests that involve your newbie armor and also exp returning items, for example crushbone belts. These can get you to 10 quickly.

After 5 you can either stay around your starting area and gain exp with fellow players still within the area or move on to other areas. I highly recommend that if you are new or cannot afford to buy your new character good armor, you stay within the surrounding zones doing your quests. This armor lasts you to about 20 in most cases, in some its not so great and I believe some races still do not have newbie armor quests. Anyhow when your done with that and if your still below 10 I recommend going to crushbone until you reach early teens. This zone is usually populated with players. On both of the servers I have played on it has been.

Next once you reach early teens (13-14) you can head out to Ro or possibly even the Oasis of Marr. Get a group there and you should get to around 17 or 18. Next go to Paluldal Caverns(spl?) anyhow you get there by zoning out of the bazaar and into the human town. Simply go up the stairs and head NE I believe, looking at your screen. You should pass under a balcony and come to a bridge that will take you into the caverns. This place is good until early 20’s and you can get some decent cash here.

Throughout your 20’s there is a good place on Luclin known as Marus Seru, if you need directions to this place, or any other place I have mentioned I recommend checking eqatlas, they have basically every map there is. Once you reach early 30’s head to TM (or tenenbrous mountains) This is good throughout 30’s. Or DP (Dawnshroud Peaks). If you do not wish to go to luclin you can go to the Overthere depending on what race you are you may have to get there different ways. Evil takes barge in the oasis of marr, good goes from FV through the Lake of Ill Omen, and finally through the Frontier Mountains.

Next comes the 40’s. Here you should head to the Dreadlands. I have not played eq in some time but I do believe it is still populated.

Around the late 40’s and on there are a ton of places you can go, both in the classic, kunark, velious, luclin, and pop zones. The following are just some examples, The Wastes, both eastern and west, Vex Thal, Karnor’s Castle, Umbral Plains, or any of the Planes of Power.

So, Now to make it Simple I’ll just give you a table:

1-10 - Starting area, surrounding zones

10-14 - Crushbone, or East/West Commonlands

14-18 - Deserts of Ro, or Oasis of Marr

18-24 - Paludal Caverns, Lake of Ill Omen, HHP

24-30 - Marus Seru, HHK

30-40 – Tenebrous Mountains, Dawnshroud Peaks

40-50 – Dreadlands

Late 40’s-50 and On – Eastern and Western Wastes, Karnor’s Castle, Umbral Plains, Vex Thal, Planes of Power.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online