taultunleashed logoExploring Everquest While Offline : EQ1 EverQuest 1 Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Exploring Everquest While Offline : EQ1 EverQuest 1 Submissions

Posted: February 7th, 2006, 10:40 pm

jim8908
jim8908's Reps:
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could go exploring from zone to zone without worrying about monsters jumping you at every turn? Well guess what! Now you can!!! There is a wonderful little tool known as EQ Zone Viewer that allows you to wander around all of the zones in the game without getting online. It will show you pretty much everything but the monsters and the npcs. It is a good little tool to help you get to know that zone that you have never been to but your guild is planning on raiding in the future.
Installing EQ Zone Viewer
Download install files from http://www.eqzoneviewer.com. Double click the executable and the program will install. Here are the system requirements:
Pentium II or greater
DirectX 8.1
3D Accelerator required with at least 8 Megs onboard.
1024 * 768 16 bit Resolution for the Windowed version. ( In order to see all controls )
Tested on Windows 98, ME, 2000, and XP. (May run on others )
Using the Program
Now, I am not going to go into heavy detail about all of the features of the application. Instead I am just going to explain how to load up a zone and a move around, and a few other things.
When you first launch the program you will get a screen that looks like the one below.

To load up a zone you can either click on the icon that looks like this: or go to
“File->Load->World…”. This will bring up a new window where you can either pick from a list of zones or you can load up a zone manually.

Once you have chosen your zone then it will ask you if you want to load all of the objects in the zone. This is referring to extra objects that might not be part of the zone mesh itself, such as bridges, fires, rocks and things like that. I suggest loading them because it adds to the realism.
Once the zone is loaded the screen will look like the one below and you can start running around in it.

Use F12 to toggle between full screen and windowed mode. The World Objects window shows all of the other objects that were loaded. You can toggle any of these off and they will disappear. This might be a good idea if you don’t have a real powerful PC.
To move around in the zone just use the arrow keys.
To move up and down use ‘R’ and ‘F’.
To strafe left and right use ‘Q’ and ‘E’.
You can use the mouse to look around just like in EQ.
If you change the Ambient Lighting then it will brighten or darken the zone.
Change the Run Speed to move faster in the zone. Hey! Instant SoW!
If you turn on Ghost Mode then you will be able to float right through walls and such.
Under Clip Plane, the only one I adjust is the MAX clip plane and it acts just like the clipping setting in EQ.
Play around with the Fill Mode options to see the zone in a different way. For example you can select wire frame and you will see all of the lines that make up the objects.

If you want to change your camera mode then use the F5 key. You can choose from 1st person, 3rd /w Follow (you will follow the camera), and 3rd ‘Free’.
You can also activate a map feature that will allow you to view the zone from the top down as you move through it. (This one is hard to get used to)
You can even take screen shots by hitting CTRL-P.
There are many other features that I have not touched on but the ones that I have should be enough to get you exploring all of those zones that you have never been to before. For more options and features go to “Help->Hotkeys…”. This will show you a list of all available hotkeys and what they do.
Stay safe and happy hunting

this is a submition for free pass.... just wondering if i'll get it or if i need to reappply for it with something elce

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online