taultunleashed logocopper clusters : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 15 posts ] 
blue large dot

copper clusters : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: December 10th, 2004, 7:42 am

Chaosian
Chaosian's Reps:
Ive got a wack of these clusters but be damned if i can figure out what to do with them. I tryed to find a book on refining copper clusters to something usable, say like copper of con*** dye but cant find any book on it. Maybe someone knows how to refine copper clusters.

Posted: December 10th, 2004, 7:46 am

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
Advanced books have the recipes you need. I'm not there yet, so I'm not sure on specifics, but don't toss those out =)

I'm fairly sure they are used in making spell dyes for Adept3 spells...maybe eq2 artisans has a list. I will edit if I find any info for ya.

Advanced Artisan Refining 4...copper may be like Yarrow, one of the silly rare recipes out of the Advanced 4,5,6 books that are almost impossible to find. It's tier 1 stuff anyway...I guess I would just sell it and hope for a sucker to pay 1g.

Posted: December 10th, 2004, 9:24 am

Narena
Narena's Reps:
these are used to make the dye needed for adept 3 spells/skills... sell em for 5g or make the adept3's and sell those for 10-15g... =) copper is hard to find... where (if you remember) did you find the most of em? =)

-Narena
Dark Elf Bard of Freeport

Posted: December 15th, 2004, 8:09 am

silvan
silvan's Reps:
I would bet you can get more than 5gp for those clusters. The adept III spells are going more like 25gp on my server. If you have more than one you have been harvesting a ton and you still dont know what a copper cluster is?

Posted: December 15th, 2004, 10:32 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Remember that you can only make a adept 3 spell less than level 10 with copper. Ie 1-9 level spell!

So you will be even hard pressed to get somebody to buy it for more than a few gold.

Posted: December 29th, 2004, 1:37 pm

techno enjin
techno enjin's Reps:
Hi all and let me tell ya something! I had one copper cluster mined at 45 mining and that is all I have seen. Does anyone know what nodes generate copper?!?! I just scribed my advanced scholar book and have a ton of Adept III spells I can make but only with conichial ink or whatever it is. Anyway, if everyone wants to start seeing Adept spells for sell of less than 1 gold each then I need to know along with 100 other scholars in EQ2. Throw me a line?

Posted: December 29th, 2004, 2:43 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
The adept 3's use different rare's for what level spell you are wanting to make.

Ie, level 1-9 adepts use copper and lapis lazuli.
Level 10-19 adept 3's use silver or coral
etc.

And the rare's drop from normal resourses. Ie instead of getting tin, once in 1000 times you will get a copper. etc.

Posted: December 30th, 2004, 7:51 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I've harvested to 161 skill in all of them, and have never seen one rare. They need to make these a little more common.

Posted: December 30th, 2004, 4:54 pm

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
Yes, rares are too rare...it's luck more than anything, but a little trick to it is to stay consistent. Clear one, two or three small areas(depending on how much ground you can cover) constantly for a couple hours and you might get lucky. Roaming around and harvesting at random just doesn't seem to pay off equally as well...or at all, since I have found only a handful of the tier 2 rares wandering around. When I focus on one or two areas, I have found many many more...not always the good stuff, but sisal root still sells =)

Posted: December 31st, 2004, 5:37 am

Navigatr
Navigatr's Reps:
Just to add to a post I was reading earlier. Level 20-29 use Palladium or Jasper to make Indigo Ink for the Adept 3 upgrades. Level 1-9 use Cochineal Ink and level 10-19 use Suzuri Ink.

Players tend to be taken aback by the prices for these Inks and Adept 3s. I don't know if they all understand that 1 rare = 1 ink = 1 adept. On the Butcher Block server these rares cost:

Copper or Lapis = 7-10 Gold
Silver or Coral = 7-12 Gold
Palladium or Jasper = 10-20 Gold

Those prices tend to drive the cost of the Adept 3s. If I could make and sell Adept 3s for 1-2 gold each and make a profit, I would be very busy in the trade skill instances.

Level 25 Warden/Level 22 Alchemist

Posted: December 31st, 2004, 8:50 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Copper or Lapis = 7-10 Gold

I think you will find that not very many of those sell.

Posted: January 1st, 2005, 9:34 am

Fait
Fait's Reps:
While were semi on the subject. How do you get refine tin or lead. I need refined tin and I don't know how to get it.

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 7:35 am

blaager
blaager's Reps:
Guest";p="51778 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
While were semi on the subject. How do you get refine tin or lead. I need refined tin and I don't know how to get it.make a lead bar

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 10:48 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Please stop posting on how to get refined tin. You craft it.

Gather some tin, and make it. I beleive it is like a level 3 recipe.

Posted: January 24th, 2005, 11:05 am

demonicoverseer
demonicoverseer's Reps:
Here's something that might help you in the future. There are many rares in this game, some more useful than others, and copper is one of the most useful, and most sought after, but of a lower level version. It is one used to make the very potent adept3 spells, which are basically 2x as powerful as an apprentice 1 version. Every tier (10 level range) resource nodes generate different rares which make even more potent spells. Here's a small list of all the resources used to make rare ink and an average price they sell for on the Najena server. I didn't put a price for copper or lapis because they seem to be priced so high but who cares about lower lvl spells....... and except for twinkies, lower lvl players don't have that kind of money hehe

Copper and Lapis-Lazuli (lvl 1-9 ad3)
Silver cluster or coral (lvl 10-19 ad3) - 10-12g
Palladium cluster or Jasper (lvl 20-29 ad3) - 20-25g¸
Rough Opal (not opalline...) and ruthenium cluster (lvl 30-39 ad3) - 1pp
Rough Ruby or Rhodium cluster (lvl 40-49 ad3) - 3-5pp depends on greed of seller hehe

So, basically, these are the most sought after rares and others vary. At time of this post, they just fixed the recipes for most root rares and wood rares which were useless before since they could not produce any finished items. Now here's some extra info, some of these rares, from lvl 30 and above nodes, have another secret use, they can be used in specific heritage quests to get some very very good items and huge status point rewards. These items include the famous Flowing Black Silk Sash (FBSS) which many players may recall from eq1. These rares can sell for more than another similar rare simply because of that. I know the rough opal is one of them, and also the rare Non-sullied High Quality Pelt.

Hope it clears up some of the smoke.

lvl 47 chemist on Najena server

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online