taultunleashed logoEQ 2 combat changes : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 16 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

EQ 2 combat changes : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: July 31st, 2005, 10:01 am

tault_snout
tault_snout's Reps:
Any players here on DoF beta? If so can you give us an insight to the combat changes? I know it violates the NDA. Heheh but it's not like most of what's on this website is approved by SOE anyway.

Posted: July 31st, 2005, 5:23 pm

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
No point. Lots is changing non stop. Complaints made, SOE tweaks and stuff changes. Better to wait until just before release or all info will be null and void anyway.

Posted: July 31st, 2005, 11:19 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
I'd just like to know what the atmosphere is like. Obviously things are changing dayly, but does it look promising?

Posted: August 1st, 2005, 2:46 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
Relax has hit it right on- its a moving target. That said, the short answer is hell no, it looks very bad IMHO. If your used to a nerf bat, this is a nerf wrecking ball. Hard caps on regen, no more scaling spells, no more scaling of gear, no more stacking of similar buffs, no more timers on combat arts, DPS severely reduced, no more viewing bank contents while not at the bank, no more patrons...this is just what I can think of off the top of my head...

Posted: August 1st, 2005, 7:50 am

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
But as far as content goes...

The expansion is beautiful, fun to explore and one of the best zones to come out of eq2. My god i love it.

If you were a fan of the eq1 Deserts of Ro / Oasis. This expansion will be your favorite zones. I know i love em.

In reguards to combat systems, its all fubar'ed up right now. All we can hope is that the dev's listen to our comments.

Posted: August 1st, 2005, 2:02 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
No more patrons? What can everyone contribute now?

Posted: August 1st, 2005, 4:09 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
yup naz.

Posted: August 1st, 2005, 11:03 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
Well, thats good. I always found it stupid only a select few can contribute in the guild. Thats not what guilds are about.
Discoduck can you go into a bit more detail? Like what do you mean hard caps on regen? and timers on combat arts?

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 6:32 am

scornn
scornn's Reps:
discoduck hit it on the head, right now DoF is horrible.

All warrior classes are terrible DPS meatshields now, all classes use abscene amounts of power.

But the list of changes is too long to post and like the previous poster said, hopefully it's a work in progress or I won't be around for retail. I also havn't been impressed by the zones, they feel like commonlands with efreeti to me, but I'll be the first to admit I haven't seen them all (slightly on purpose).

What he ment about regen is that your regen is now capped at level + 1/2. So, 50 max manaregen is 75/tick. It's really hard to go into detail because its a completely different game.

Posted: August 3rd, 2005, 3:36 am

tault_ohadohad2
tault_ohadohad2's Reps:
Anyone plays a warlock?
I play one and I would like to know how they changed us so far.

BTW tanks=meatshields sounds great no more mage DPS for bruisers woot!

I die in two hits while I know a 50 brusier that soloed 46 epic.
And a guard that soloed iceberg and jack and more examples...

Posted: August 4th, 2005, 4:55 am

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
im curious if sub-20 heal spells will still be on a seperate timer as the higher ones after combat changes.

my mystic has a level 18 blast heal that is on a seperate 13sec recast than my level 46 heal. This is a big help to be able to blast an extra 444 heal on a seperate timer. i dont think i could heal tanks well without it

Posted: August 4th, 2005, 5:11 am

tault_ohadohad2
tault_ohadohad2's Reps:
How do I get into the beta?
Im lvl 48.5 now.
I think its gonna be cool to check it out...and find some of the exploits there hehe.

Probably thuosends waiting to be found :)
Disco we can pilage the desert for exploits!! muhaha!!

Posted: August 4th, 2005, 1:34 pm

tault_snout
tault_snout's Reps:
Sorry to say, this is about what i expected. They are scrambling to try and make this game something they should have in the beginning. Except now all they can think to do is scale it back becuase it was obviously way to easy. Does this sound about right?

I have read it's a completly different game. can you give how so in a more generic sense? I understand it's alll up in the air but I was wondering if even a common theme is developing?

Posted: August 9th, 2005, 7:25 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
ohadohad2: if you didn't apply and get accepted when they were taking applications to beta, you can't get in. Sorry.

What do you all see when you check this link: http://patch.everquest2.com:7010/patch/eq2/motd/en/updates_beta.html

Posted: August 9th, 2005, 8:49 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
lol, i would have thought they'd only post that stuff on the BETA forum. Aka, yes, we can see it.

Also, i would suggest everyone hold their judgement until the EXP comes out. One thing that has always held true with SOE is that they can make and continue to keep alive good MMORPGs. They haven't failed once, yet, and i don't think their about to throw in the towl with EQ2.
Take any 'inside' opinions/info with a grain of salt, its their opinion, not yours. Everyone has different tastes.
Personally i'm looking forward to the release of the EXP pack.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online