[ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2 = suxorz : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: December 6th, 2004, 6:12 pm

youngyoda

Total Posts: 103
youngyoda's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
ive been playing EQ2 now for sometime. down time everyday. Buged in every aspect of the game. Non working elements at every turn. Everyone looks exactly the same. Stupid group only mobs and soloing is impossible after 20. So many reasons why EQ2 sucks this is by no means a comprehensive list there are many more reasons why its just a unexciting game to play. Although trade skills is quite fun. After lvl 30 you are forced to lvl your player to 25 to harvest in a tier 4 zone this is pure hell I hate this game. Although there is much real cash to be made on this game I just cant take how unbelievably boring it is. bye eq2 I wont miss u.

Posted: December 11th, 2004, 7:05 am

eggg84
eggg84's Reps:
Yea cus theres downtime every day when they REBOOT THE SERVER you tool. I'm glad people like you quit for battle.net games. Thx for quitting , you won't be missed. Theres hardly any downtime. Bugs, sure, theres bugs, but the game is in a plentifully playable state, theres hardly any basic funamental flaws if not none at all, which are the game breakers, not the little piddly !@#$%^&* you are whining about. 'omg i couldnt play for 15 minutes cus the server rebooted :(' .. laf

Posted: December 12th, 2004, 11:31 am

webavant
webavant's Reps:
There are other great MMPORPGs that do not reboot their servers except to make updates. There are other MMPORPGs that worked out the bugs in the beta phase, as is the purpose of having a beta phase. There are some MAJOR bugs... the same ones as in EQ 1... for instance... Pets disappear and do not return until destroyed and summoned again. I thought they would have fixed that in the second one. There are other MMPORPGs that don't have that problem too.

For me, FFXI is beyond all of those problems. I haven't tried WoW yet but I think I might after being this dissapointed.

By the way, in case you didn't know, Eggg84, Youngyoda is a very prominent and contributing member of XU... :( ... You might want to delete your flame if you consider yourself one as well.

Posted: December 12th, 2004, 2:10 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I agree, eq2 still has some major issues that they didnt get resolved before release. They rushed the release to compete with wow, and instead really just make peple want to move from eq2 to wow instead.

Their original launch date was feb/mar 2005 and they updated it to nov when they found out blizzard was changing theirs to nov. Bad move on eq2's side.

Posted: December 13th, 2004, 10:40 am

Guest's Reps:
Only bugs ive seen are related to mobs popping on top of you and the occasional body not being visible to everyone in a zone (carryover from EQ1). The game overall is very stable and fantastic in my book. The trades are gravy. The gameplay animation and product itself is very solid. Could be better but it blows everything else out there out of the water.

Posted: December 14th, 2004, 10:50 am

tc91101
tc91101's Reps:
I am sorry to hear Youngyoda feels that away. Indeed EQ2 still has bugs but I have noticed none that make it unplayable. The one thing that affects me most is if you sell from your house at night you get kicked out of the game way quicker than if you macro all night. I have two accounts running at same time so I know the house is bugged in someway since it gets kicked out alot and the crafter gets kicked very seldom. Also they have shutdown almost everyday at 10am eastern which means restarting my bot if I have it running after I get time to at work. I played a ton of FFXI, SWG, Asherons Call and Ultima Online. EQ2 is much better than all of them combined in my opinion. EQ2 is getting heavy competition from WoW though. I bought WoW last week and I am still forming my opinion which is better. They both have a really good and polished look too them but they are different in their own ways. I think EQ2 caters to a more mature audience. WoW seems very easy to play so far. Well thats my 2cp worth.

Posted: December 14th, 2004, 10:58 am

aaliam
aaliam's Reps:
I actually quite enjoyed EQ2, however I can't play at more than about 15 FPS with my 6800GT (if other players are near) on any settings other than 'Extreme Performance' - a common problem with 6800GT users, which has been around since long before BETA finished.

I intend, now, to start botting to make money (if the market allows and if some scripts are written soonish) and then sell the plat for real life $$$. I might get back the money I wasted on a graphics card that is endorsed by SOE themselves.

Until them I have cancelled my accounts, and consider this a lesson learned.

Posted: December 14th, 2004, 6:13 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
aaliam - I have the 6800GT I also purchased for EQ2 - don't have great performance... thought I just had a crappy processor (3200+ AMD). Are you saying it is actually a problem wit the 6800GT itself or some bug that SOE hasn't fixed?

Posted: December 15th, 2004, 2:04 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
For startes you NEED at least 1GB ram for EQ2, if you don't it doesnt matter what vid card you have, you will have a crappy FPS. I went from a GF5200mx to an ATI x800 XT PE with 512MB system ram and got NO increase in FPS at all. Threw in another 1GB of ram and thats where the bottleneck was, I can get 20 FPS on extreme now when I am solo.

Posted: December 15th, 2004, 3:57 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Yep - 1g ram here... still not great FPS.
I've read the tuning guide I found somewhere which helped a lot... I will get 20fps, but only on the mid-setting with an open area...

I never would have thought twice about it except for the post above about my video card.

Posted: December 15th, 2004, 8:34 am

aaliam
aaliam's Reps:
Yes there is an acknowledged problem with the 6800GT. SOE and nVidia are 'working on it'. There has been no news for a few weeks, so I figure I am not paying for the game until it is playable.

As a rule someone will tell you that your PC isn't set up right - mine is. The game is broken for many people.

Of course, the nVidia logo popping up everytime I log in does not help me control my blood pressure.

P.S. My 6800GT is the same temp. after 1 hour of gameplay as it is after 1 hour of using Windows, a completely 2D environment.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online