taultunleashed logoGuide to Leveling Scholar(or other) to 10 to 20 at no cost : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

Guide to Leveling Scholar(or other) to 10 to 20 at no cost : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: December 16th, 2004, 7:22 pm

Admin

Total Posts: 1168
Admin's Reps: 4
administrator
premium
Once you hit level 10, go ahead and buy your level 10 scholar crafting book. If you are not a scholar, you will need to get somebody to buy you the level 10 scholar book to complete this guide.

Now, get a stack of tubers and a couple stacks of raw electrum/turquoise.
You will also need aerated mineral water, and candles and coal.

Here is what ya do:

First, craft a stack of Stroma Oil, and a stack of Stroma Resin and a stack of stroma wash (what the tubers are for). You can make 4 per tuber which is nice.

Next craft a stack of Trinoid Reagent. This will produce a stack of Trinoid Loam as a byproduct.

Now, use your stroma washes and make iron gual dye and then iron gual ink. Iron gual ink sells for 1silver 67 copper per. each stack of iron gual ink sells for 167*20=33 silver 40 copper.

Now, head over to the workbench, and make a stack of Poison Vials. These take fuell, stroma oil, and stroma resin as well as the loam we made earlier. You will make 3 per craft which is nice.

Now go sell your stack of vials for 33c each. 33*20=6silver 60 copper.

So all togher you have made 40 silver and should be half way to 20.

Now if you are a real salesman, you can sell the iron gual ink's to player for 2-5 silver each.

With Wyvern's new crafting plugin, this makes it a breeze to make easy money as well as nice crafting exps.

Here is the quick version:

4 tubers = 8 stroma oil, 4 stroma resin, 4 stroma washes.
1 stroma oil + 1 electrum/truquoise = 1 trinoid reagent and 1 trinoid loam. The reagent sells for 50c each.
1 stroma oil + 1 stroma resin +1 trinoid loam = 3 poison vial that sell for 33c each.
1 stroma wash + 1 trinoid reagent = 1 iron gual dye = 1 silver
1 stroma wash + 1 iron gual dye = iron gual ink = 1 silver 67 copper.

Posted: December 16th, 2004, 11:04 pm

Admin

administrator
premium
Also, if you dont want to macro/script craft...

Make Essense Spells. You can purchase a Larent Solution for 1s47c and get loads of exps for these. The downside, is you cant really macro/script craft them because they dont stack. But if you are doing it manually, this is probably a better route, since you get alot more exps crafting things your level.

And besides, they sell for 3 silver. So if you have ti time to watch the crafting and stop every few minutes to empty your inventory, this is nice.

Posted: December 16th, 2004, 11:16 pm

Admin

administrator
premium
Edit. Well actually, it is really nice making the essenses. Because you can macro/script sell about 20 at a time and then stop the script sell, and then start it over.

And the exps are SOOO much better.

Posted: December 18th, 2004, 3:16 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
For those that do not know, you also get a exp bonus for creating something that you have never made before. So it is a very good idea when you level to make all the things you can for that level to get the exp bonus.

Posted: December 23rd, 2004, 3:31 pm

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I've asked around in game and guild what exactly are essence spells, nobody seems to know... Please clarify or give an example.

Posted: December 23rd, 2004, 4:55 pm

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
Fighter skills...

In the crafting menu it is Essence of Taunt (Adept I) for example. So us crafters call them essences...which confuses the heck out of the tanks, but that is what they are when we craft them. What they say after crafting is just Taunt (Adept I) though...very silly and confusing imho.

Edit: Oh ya, they are crafted at the alchemy station...

Posted: December 27th, 2004, 6:21 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I ended up crafting Sunfish Sandwiches (lvl 9) from 14-20 instead, took about 2 days using your crafting plugin. Costed me maybe 2-3gold.

Posted: January 1st, 2005, 11:39 pm

anthemgamer
anthemgamer's Reps:
I reached level 10 tradeskill and registered as a scholar, but where do I get that book? I tried the wholesaler with no luck.

Posted: January 3rd, 2005, 4:35 pm

Guest's Reps:
you cannot do the essences admin suggested unless you are a scholar since they require scholar essentials 11.

Posted: January 3rd, 2005, 4:36 pm

godfetish
godfetish's Reps:
You have to find the scholar society to get your t2 and higher books. Almost every little suburb has one, and you do not have to leave your beginner one to join the next up. Run around hailing till you find one that will let you join and that must be it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online