taultunleashed logoHmm was macroing yesterday and... : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 21 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Hmm was macroing yesterday and... : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: November 20th, 2004, 2:56 am

tault_punahou

Total Posts: 27
tault_punahou's Reps: 0
I set my macro at 6am HI time, then headed off to gym and work. I got back home at 11pm HI time.

I was at the Oakmyst bears, and I usually see ALOT, and I mean alot of people all around. However, when I got home..... NO ONE was in the zone. Not one person besdies my 2 characters. I hit 'r' to see if anyone had given me a tell, and no one had. I hit '/' to see what instance of the forest i was in, and it was forest 3. SO i zone out and back in to see how many instances were available, and 1 and 2 were....

I am concerned becasue i was the only person inthe zone, so I am thinking the gms gave me my instance after someone may have reported me killing everything there for 17 hours straight to observe me and then use that to ban me?

Dunno.... I found it eerily strange.

Posted: November 20th, 2004, 3:03 am

tault_demonofstupity
tault_demonofstupity's Reps:
na, everytime a "zone" reaches a certain limit they create a new one, hence forest 1, forest 2, ect. just that everyone in your zone left. the newly made zone comes down when there is no one in it.

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 2:44 am

tault_punahou

just really stange to be the only person in that zone....

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 5:58 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Yes thats because at some point the forest zone became fairly empty so everyone is on instance 2 while you were still on instance 3. Its nothing bad. Also, i doubt anyone would go cry to a GM that someone was killing lots of monsters. :wink:

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 6:18 am

tault_punahou

YA

you never know though. I was doing the bears next to the lake that lead into the Oakmyst stweard area, and lots of peopole like to kill the bears there. someone could get miffed that all the mobs are 'locked'=)

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 6:25 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
With macroing there is always that risk, just need to think do the rewards outweigh the risks?

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 6:48 am

Tault_nazeroth

premium
God i hate that question. I usually replace it with 'How can i make this macro more undetectable?'
punahou, you should think about making your macro a little more complicated. Make it log out out for 30 minutes or so then log back in, maybe make him sit and AFK for a few minutes. Stuff like that can really save your arse.

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 6:59 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Lots of variables you can easily add to it as well.

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 7:08 am

tault_pablo
tault_pablo's Reps:
which macro program are you using to automate the game? i had a fairly elaborate one back in eq1 using a perl ported mq2 back in the day, but i have been researching to no avail on eq2. guess i shoulda gotten in on the beta. i posted a bunch of those and would be happy to do the same for eq2.

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 7:10 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
well submit away you can see some of the newest macros we have on the main page. We are after some detailed bots though and other detailed macros. It has just begun for macros.

Posted: November 21st, 2004, 5:40 pm

tault_doggzj
tault_doggzj's Reps:
Answer to you question

The zones became underpopulated so they 'locked' the zone you were in and the other ones. Once a zone is LOCKED, no-one can enter until the zone is totally cleared.

So if you would have stayed the next busy time oakmyst 3 would just be skiped over and you'd have 1,2,4,5 ext. You could stay there for 3-4 days and have it all to yourself.

PS, i need to find a good attack bot :)

Posted: November 22nd, 2004, 3:40 am

tault_pablo
tault_pablo's Reps:
makes sense, a lot of decent progams do this, e.g. apache. it's process recycling, the server keeps spawning new ones to keep things running smoothly. so if there is a memory leak in the zone it wont crash the server, etc. i wouldnt worry

so... are these xunleashed macros that are used? considering buying/donating capital to the effort to see what genious is happening.

Posted: November 22nd, 2004, 3:41 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Xunleashed isnt working atm with eq2 or wow and the merger is not completed so if you join be sure to join for tault and not taultunleashed until its finished.

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 5:21 am

tault_punahou

nazeroth (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
God i hate that question. I usually replace it with 'How can i make this macro more undetectable?'
punahou, you should think about making your macro a little more complicated. Make it log out out for 30 minutes or so then log back in, maybe make him sit and AFK for a few minutes. Stuff like that can really save your arse.

Ok the 1st thing is this: I am no programmer, nad have no knowledge of how to program/paste/whatever the you macro wizards to make make more BOT-like macros.
That is why I am here at this site to copy and paste macros=) however, to date, none have been posted that will truly help me.

2ndly
I use macromaker- period. End of story. I have tried every macro program known to man, and NOTHING IS EASIER TO USE than this program, UNLESS I get a copy/paste premade macro for ACTOOL.

Basically with macromaker there is no BALONEY , use notepad BS to record your keystrokes, then somehow paste that or integrate that into a macro (ive tried and cant figure it out)
So with macromaker all you do is
1) open macro screen
2) this gives you a blank page to log your keystrokes USING A VIRTUAL KEYBOARD that is right below that page!
3) go to control logic to the RIGHT of the blank page to access DELAYS
4)Hit the appropriate keys you would use in game, with delays immediately following
5)set the number of times you want it to repeat
6) set your Trigger hotkey to the LEFT of the blank page

and you are done

Very easy, but not a complicate dmacro that detects mob con, your power pool, your hp, etc... I have no idea how to do that. The only thing is i cant get my chatacter to move... yet. I had that problem in L2, but I fgured out a way and have forgotten how.

Posted: November 29th, 2004, 6:57 am

Tault_nazeroth

premium
To use information like mob con, your HP, etc then your going to look at using bots.
If you want your charactor to move (can't see you would) then you probably need the macro to press and HOLD a key (ala the up arrow).
What game are you using it on and what are you trying to do?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online