taultunleashed logoProvisoiners : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Provisoiners : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 8:55 am

steiner093
steiner093's Reps:
Just wanted to get others thoughts on what the demand for a good Provisoiner is. I have a 15th level provisioner and seem to sell a fair amount of low grade food/drink for a fairly low price but at a decent profit to me.
Once I get to higher levels and crafting/cooking higher quality items become more expensive for me, hence driving my prices up, are people going to buy what I have to offer?

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 11:28 am

rfrox99

Total Posts: 13
rfrox99's Reps: 0
Provisioners are in high demand, but there's are a TON of provisioners. It seems everyone is jumping on the provisioner bandwagon, so we may have a lot of competition. I've been very successfull at selling Tier 3 food the past few days.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 1:17 pm

steiner093
steiner093's Reps:
I started out with my provisioner intending only to make food for myself. But I decided to put some of my "scraps" and overstock out on the market and it sold. I was pretty surprised to tell you the truth. The profit isn’t huge, but I am certainly not losing any money.
Anyway, my provisioner has become my main adventurer as well since he always has a constant supply of quality food and drink. He is running strong all the time while others are stopping to rest. I have soloed “red” encounters on several occasions and walked away to tell about it. The only reason this was possible is because I regenerated fairly quick. On the other hand I lost a few of those battles too… I find myself soloing a lot more because others cant keep up.
What I don’t use, I sell and what I cant sell I use... Its kind of a win-win situation for me...for the moment. But as you say there are most likely many more provisioners out there. But it cant be any different with any other artisan. There is going to be competition no matter what you do. I just never hear of people looking for nourishment. Maybe its because people load up on it before they head out the door.
I am just worried about being a high level provisioner and having no market. I am constantly debating going down a different path before its too late. I am fairly new to EQ so I guess what I am asking is, do high level characters even have the need for quality food and drink? Seems to me that they would, but like I said, I am new to the game.

Posted: January 26th, 2005, 2:41 pm

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
At higher levels, the encounters get longer. Bards and Enchanters help curb the power loss over time but Tier 5 drink makes it so that you can sustain this for a longer period of time especially if you only have one power regen class in the group. Food on the other hand helps for tanks and everyone really if you have a AOE mob.

So basically what I am saying is that food/drink is MORE important at high levels.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online