taultunleashed logoTransmuting Powders : EverQuest 2 General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Transmuting Powders : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: June 5th, 2007, 3:08 pm
 
gorton_j

Total Posts: 30
Joined: June 1st, 2007, 11:41 am
gorton_j's Reps: 2
User avatar
I have seen a few posts on ideas for getting powders for your transmuter to level up on, but missing one great one, and not haveing a post with them all together can be annoying, so adding mine first and listing others as well.

1. Spell scrolls. Their has always been a tier roll in spells, Apprentice, Adept, Adept III, and Masters. If Adepts are considered Treasured, Masters are considered Fabled, then you should be able to guess that the Adept III transmute out as Legendary. What does that mean? It means you just have to make Tier 1 Adept III's and you have a 70% chance for a powder, and 30% chance for an illusion. With those of you botting harvesters, the Tier 1 rare ratio is very nice to get a stack of powders in one night. (NO CRAPPY SHARDS)

2. Newbie isle never received the updates for the chest graphics or "Ornate" or have restrictions on what armor pieces you can transmute. ANY piece of armor you receive on the newbie isle can be transmuted for powders. They have nerfed the shared bank for getting those items to your main, but makeing a lvl 2 wizard to farm the never ending goblins plus crabs on the "good" island is not exactly a difficult task. Fill your inventory, take the boat, give to main, delete and repeat.
(I know this one has been around the block, but you can't make a guide without it.)

===============================================
= UPDATE == THE ITEMS FROM TOY CHEST ARE NOW ORNATE
===============================================
3. Nek 3 has always been bugged on lock out timer for the quest with the dolls. Considering you can Invis past the mobs and use evac on getting the key for the doll quest room, you can go do the doll quest over and over for the toy reward which transmutes nicely also. You will get a lock out at some point, but its an easy way to get a 50g powder for 3minutes worth of work. Sometimes you can get a couple plat worth before you get the lock out. I usually two box this for you can get trash drops along the way, but I'm sure you solo'ers can invis and Get 'R Done.

4. Tables with no failed lock out. You have to be quick to really get a lot of transmutes out of this. If the door knocker to zone in is up, you can zone in, kill the named spiders, grab and transmute the drops, zone out, rinse and repeat. There have been times I have filled my inventory with the zone in never going down. Other times I get two runs before it depops. Spawning the door knocker can take 5 minutes, or 2 hours killing the cyclops, so figure the great devs have this zone a little screwy or just love the randomness of it.

My vain attempt at a helpful first post.
[ Please note your please read FAQ sticky at the top, its link is broken. Hopefuly this is coshure posting.]

Cheers


Last edited by gorton_j on June 21st, 2007, 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reply with quote
Posted: June 6th, 2007, 7:41 am
 
apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
User avatar
Some good ideas, but transmuting bottoms out at 25%. Meaning, that you have no matter what tier 30% chance to a get powder, and if it's a tier well below your current level then a minimum chance of 25%.


Reply with quote
Posted: June 6th, 2007, 11:28 pm
 
gorton_j

Total Posts: 30
Joined: June 1st, 2007, 11:41 am
gorton_j's Reps: 2
User avatar
apoc69 wrote:
Some good ideas, but transmuting bottoms out at 25%. Meaning, that you have no matter what tier 30% chance to a get powder, and if it's a tier well below your current level then a minimum chance of 25%.


Legendary items can NOT make a shard.
The powder is the "Crappy" item off the transmuteing of legendary items.
(70% Chance)
The illusion is the "Nice" item off the transmuteing of legendary items.
(30% Chance)

From my experience in transmuteing, the ratio overall has come out around 30/70% wise, but guess I could be a tad lucky.


Reply with quote
Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Popular Sections
SWTOR Cheats
Guild Wars 2 Cheats
Guild Wars 2 Hacks
Guild Wars 2 Bots
Diablo 3 Cheats
Guild Wars 2 Mods

Popular Sections
WoW Cataclysm Cheats & Exploits
WoW Cataclysm Hacks & Bots
Star Wars The Old Republic Cheats
SWTOR Mods
Torchlight 2 Cheats
SWTOR Space Mission Bots
Site Nav and RSS
RSS Feed of EverQuest 2 General Discussions RSS Feed 
Sitemap of EverQuest 2 General Discussions Sitemap 
SitemapIndex SitemapIndex
RSS Feed RSS Feed
Channel list Channel list
left bottom corner Site and Contents Copyright 2001-2012 All Rights Reserved TaultUnleashed.com bottom corner
top left
top right
createaccount
Username:   Password:   Remember Me?