newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

Where to harvest what? : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: November 13th, 2004, 12:08 am

shondor

Total Posts: 9
shondor's Reps: 0
Was wondering if we could get a compilation of which zones give the most spawns of what. I'm having a lot of trouble finding any wood so a suggestion for that would be great cause I only have 20 forestry. Gathering on the other hand I got to 53 in a pretty short time in Oakmyst Forest.

Posted: November 13th, 2004, 3:15 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Pretty much, I got EVERYTHING from the graveyard (freeport side).

The drops are random I think and with alot of people hunting for them it is hard to find what you need.

Posted: November 15th, 2004, 3:05 am

jofolk
jofolk's Reps:
I was also hitting up the graveyard outside freeport, but so was everyone else. I decided to look around for other places. The ruin had a ton of people and none of (except me) cared about the harvestable spawns. You might want to give the ruin a try (use the bell for outside freeport).

Posted: November 15th, 2004, 7:00 am

shondor

Total Posts: 9
shondor's Reps: 0
heh I must be the only good guy here :) im in qeynos but thanks for the tips.

Posted: November 15th, 2004, 1:24 pm

grakun
grakun's Reps:
I found it easier to just create another character, and gather stuff on the Isle of Refuge. Then I use the shared bank slots to transfer the supplies between characters.

Posted: November 16th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Guest's Reps:
Yeah, but the problem isn't gathering, it's getting your skill up to 40 so you can gather tier 2 stuff.

Posted: November 17th, 2004, 5:50 am

icemyst
icemyst's Reps:
well im a good guy so here what i have found to work the best.. oakmyst is the only place that i think you can get tear1 stuff, and unfortunatly all the drops are compleatly random. Foresting is probably the hardest thing to level. lots of people do make new characters and do all the stuff on the isle but unless you want to keep that char and switch to it everytime you need to harvest stuff it really doesnt do you any good.
your best bet to "speed" lvl is to have absolutly no life and run around oakmyst trying to whore all the drops, i have read that there is a limited amount of all the drops so the other thing to try is just harvest all the stupid muddy roots that no one cares about and hope that a tree apears infront of you.

Posted: November 17th, 2004, 9:46 am

onyxcougar
onyxcougar's Reps:
Oakmyst, Forest Ruins, Peat Bog, and the Caves all have harvesting nodes in the greater Qeynos area. :)

The new updates increased spawn time, so that should help.

Posted: November 18th, 2004, 7:48 am

icemyst
icemyst's Reps:
do you know if any of the other places are less crowded? cuz man oakmyst is getting stupid... i dont think anyone lvls there they just harvest, there were 38 people running around the yesterday (or was it today) and i didnt see anything get killed =\

Posted: November 18th, 2004, 9:02 am

asynja
asynja's Reps:
Rofl yeah hehe I know I am in RunnyEye and I and everyone else that is capable of Commonlands have discovered we cant harvest tier2 so we all are heading back and running around like cracy. I have all my skills above 40 now except fishing and trapping

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online