taultunleashed logoCash through crafting - due to recient patch : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

Cash through crafting - due to recient patch : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: November 29th, 2006, 1:27 pm

glibskunkie

Total Posts: 41
glibskunkie's Reps: 0
Guide found here: http://eq2goldguides.com/
Again, I am NOT taking credit for this. I did not author it.

Craftsman's Turned Maple Lumber Income Tutorial (EQ2 Heritage Quests)
Craftsman's Turned Maple Lumber Income Tutorial

This tutorials requires you to be at least a Level 11 craftsman artisan and know the basics of crafting.

On the recent patch, SOE, toned down totems selling price to npc merchants from 5s to 1s 67c. Due to its multiple crafting output, by this I mean it generated 3 totems on each pristine craft and 2 on normal crafts, we were able to get insane amounts of profit. Kudos goes to 'amen' of the MPS commuinity for writing an excellent tutorial on the subject. One of the ingredients for making a totem was turned Maple. On a pristine craft it again would produce 3 of each item and on a normal craft 2 of each. Each sells for 1s at the merchants.

The raw materials needed to create this item is sandpaper, stroma resin and severed maple.

The Choice is Yours:

The biggest way to make profit via this method requires you to obtain a Scholars Essentials Volume 10. You can scribe this although your not meant to, its currently a bug that I do not know when SOE will fix. This will allow you to create stroma resin, the biggest outgoings from your purse in order to make turned maple. I myself have seen ridiculous prices on the brokers menu ranging from 1s to 10s. There are cheaper ways of obtaining stroma resin without using the above bug. You can trade stroma for making maple quills or cailun paper for scholars. The choice is up to you, and all depends if you want to maximize profit or maximize player interaction. Its good to interact with your fellow craftsman trading skills for skills, then again its good to have money and save time.

If you want to make stroma resin you need candles and liquid each costing 6c and also a severed maple or tuber. Again the choice is yours you can either buy these raw materials from the broker or go out and harvest them. I myself buy severed maple for around 50c from player merchants, as it is also the main ingredient for turned maple. Crafting a normal vial of stroma resin will grant you 3 vials, crafting a pristine vial of stroma resin will grant you 4 vials. So from one severed maple you can get quite a few vials of stroma resin. Onto making turned maple Lumber.

For the turned maple you will start with severed maple. You then must craft it into maple lumber. This takes one sandpaper, 6c one vial of stroma resin and a severed maple. This produces one maple lumber and if you craft a pristine version of it 2 scraps of maple, a crude to normal version will grant you 1 scrap of maple. You may do what you like with the maple lumber, you can sell it to the npc merchant for 50c or make a chair out of it again its up to you.

To create turned maple you now take the maple scraps, with sandpaper 6c and another vial of stroma resin. Crafting a pristine of this will grant you 3 turned maple lumber. Crude to shaped 1 and normal will grant you 2 turned maple lumber. You want to craft pristine ideally each selling at 1s. This gives you 3s with each pristine craft.

Doing the Math:

Depending on whether you chose to make your own stroma resin here is the lowest possible expenditure I calculated (giving the highest possible profit):

Outgoings

Stroma Resin

Candle 6c
Liquid 6c
Severed Maple 50c
= 3 vials of stroma resin

Maple Lumber

Severed Maple 50c
Sandpaper 6c
Vial of stroma resin

Turned Maple Lumber

Maple scraps
Sandpaper 6c
Vial of Stroma Resin

Total Outgoing = 1s 24c

Income

1 Maple lumber = 50c
3 Pristine Turned Maple Lumber = 3s
1 leftover vial of Stroma Resin = ?

Total Profit = 2s 26c

Conclusion:

Its not mindblowing but every little counts, SOE will definitely fix the scholar's recipes bug so that maximum profit will not be true forever. If you take away that bug you are left with 88c profit assuming you bought it for 1s from a player merchant which seems to be the normal rate on the market on my server. Of course this price all depends on how much you spend on the stroma resin, spend more time trading with scholars and you'll get more favourable profit maybe even more than using the bug. As with the Turned Maple Lumber who knows if its value will change, this is definitely a sound strategy that I will continue to use along with my fishing strategy. I hope this helps you find your financial feet in the world of Everquest 2.

Posted: November 29th, 2006, 1:41 pm

glibskunkie

Total Posts: 41
glibskunkie's Reps: 0
Ah Shite... I posted this in the wrong section... My apologies

Glib

Posted: November 29th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
heh, moving to guides board.

Posted: November 29th, 2006, 7:17 pm

newbsnacks
newbsnacks's Reps:
Stroma resin? How old is this guide lol. Are these prices still accurate?

Thanks for sharing.

Posted: November 29th, 2006, 11:56 pm

monk37887
monk37887's Reps:
newbsnacks (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Stroma resin? How old is this guide lol. Are these prices still accurate?

Thanks for sharing.

Yeh, are any of those subcombines even still in the game?

Posted: November 30th, 2006, 4:48 pm

numero_uno
numero_uno's Reps:
Unless someone has some secret recipe book, no. :D

Posted: November 30th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
haha, Nerfed?

Posted: November 30th, 2006, 8:28 pm

nearlight
nearlight's Reps:
correct nerfed live update 24

Posted: December 1st, 2006, 3:17 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
Sheesh. Moving to Nerfed.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online