taultunleashed logoChanging in game chat colors and faking item links. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 25 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Changing in game chat colors and faking item links. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: March 6th, 2005, 8:43 pm

tault_doctorprybar
tault_doctorprybar's Reps:
I've known about this one for a while and never posted, I am not sure if it's an exploit or what forum it would belong to (I'll let our mods decide on that) but it might be interesting to someone. It is actually 2 different (yet kinda similiar) bugs/exploits but I hate 2 short posts on boards when it can be consolidated into one.

If you type a msg like /say Read the BLOOD ...... and you wanted BLOOD to be in bright red for example, you can change the in game colors on text by doing the following (we will use the above msg as an example:

Type /say Read the /#ff0000BLOOD

Right click or use your back arrow in the text input part of your chat window to backspace to the '/' ..... (I am referring to the '/' before the #)
Erase/Delete the '/' and replace with a \

Presto all text after the \#ff0000 will become red.

Now once you have 'mastered' this you may want to try other colors. If you know the hex clr values on your system input various values in there for different colors. If you want to get some colors use something like AUTO IT v3 color tool and get some color values that you want to input/substitute for ff0000 (Like green orange brown d.grey, l.grey).

Just don't go getting yourself banned by trying to impersonate constomer service with server downtime msgs like the bright boy in my guild who showed me exploit.

===============================================
Ok another chat exploit is creating fake links (remember this from EQ Live I use to love this one). I have yet to see ANYONE do this in game and don't know why because it is even easier to do than EQLive. I discovered it while reading through my log files and decided to mess around and see if I could get it to work. Now for all you who might not know what a fake link is, it's when you trick the game client into sending an item link but changing the text in the chat window to say soemthing else. An example: Fred wants me to link him my Berik, The sword of Thunder. I link the sword to him but instead it reads Homojoe, The sword of Thunder. He clicks it and it links Berik the sword of thunder just the /tell msg link words were diff. Here is one easy way to do this one (there are probably tons):

Make a log file by typing /log.

After you have begun a log file say/tell/shout a link or have someoneelse say tell shout one.

Go into your log directory under your sony/everquest2 directory and open up the log file with wordpad.

You should see a text string in there similiar to this (we will use the SBD link as an example) .... \aITEM 124071189 Serrated Bone Dirk:Serrated Bone Dirk\/a

Now edit the second name in the string after the ':'. Here is an example using the above string .... \aITEM 124071189 Serrated Bone Dirk:My HUGE Boner\/a

Using standard cut and paste, CTRL+C the editted string (full string or you will not have a link including the \/a at the end) and go to your EQ2 window.

Now CTRL+V (paste for the layman) into the chat window bar. You should now see 'My HUGE Boner' as a link in the chat window when you send it.

Enjoy

Posted: March 7th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
haha nice job doctorprybar, thats 2 exploits, so 200 points for you.

P.S. Please post any new exploits in the exploit DISCUSSION board from now on.

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 1:22 am

tault_relaxingatuf
tault_relaxingatuf's Reps:
Umm didn't we already post this? I remember posting a link to RGB hex #s for the list of colors taht someone posted this bug. Nothing against him, he just reposted an old exploit and said you can link ake items... thats all. :)

edit: fake links is neat tho

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 2:14 am

tault_doctorprybar
Ok I just went thru the exploit forum and did not see anything. Where was it posted? Is there an archive of old posts or something? I am not trying to rehash old exploits, I just didnt see it in the exploit forum.

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 4:02 am

tault_glenny1

Total Posts: 152
tault_glenny1's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
HAH people get points for some lame !@#$%^&*. You mods need to stop giving out points lik candy. I have known both of these for over 2 months, they are far from considered "Exploits"

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 5:39 am

tault_doctorprybar
Pardon me for flaming (I get tired of faceless 10 yr olds), but submit something or shut up. Plain and simple.

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 5:42 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
:lol: Glenny has submitted alot of stuff and has proved helpful. This 'exploit' is not useful at all, other than to play a joke, whoopity doo, how will that make my life easier?

:evil:

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 7:04 am

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
anyone tried all the various combinations? as in to find items that have not been dropped yet but are in game ;] should be able to find some interesting stuff in there...

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 9:03 am

tault_akanon
tault_akanon's Reps:
I'm with sirus on this one - posting that this is useless seems rather short-sighted to me. One possibility would be to start up a newbie using the free trial of the isle, and set up a bot to do nothing but run through every number 1 to 9999999 on the ITEM tags, examining each and logging the item info that gets sent over. It seems to me that this would be a rather easy way to find all the items...
I haven't tried it yet, but I'll see what happens when you try to do a /ITEM with a different legitimate ID but the same first name. It's possible that this is part of the search, and if that's the case it wouldnt be too terribly useful.
There is also the interesting fact that there are likely other tags like these in-game just waiting to be discovered.

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 9:28 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
oh yeah, if you don't have the proper item name it won't link...which is why I said that I found it useless.

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 12:23 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
For starters, both exploits are USEFUL. Why? Because i said so, and thats just that, so please quit whinning. Yes there was mension of the color codes quite awhile back but no one ever came forth with actual info on how to do it.

Anyway, Akanon, if i were you i'd create a simple script that reads the log, catches and then sorts the items and their ID into a proper format while you punch in the codes...or just get a script to do that too. It should be easy as pie for you. :wink:

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 6:36 pm

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
*shrug* I'm not whining its just I honestly can't see any practical uses for this as it seems you need the ID and the proper item name in order to actually see the details of the item, so I doubt that you'll find any unidentified items, which would be the main purpose I think (other than playing jokes which is still fun I admit, I told the test channel people using the hotlink that a wolf on IoR dropped a SBD lol)

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 12:42 pm

Tault_nazeroth

premium
o0ofoulo0o (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
*shrug* I'm not whining its just I honestly can't see any practical uses for this as it seems you need the ID and the proper item name in order to actually see the details of the item, so I doubt that you'll find any unidentified items, which would be the main purpose I think (other than playing jokes which is still fun I admit, I told the test channel people using the hotlink that a wolf on IoR dropped a SBD lol)

You don't need the real item name. You could write 'Naz's penis' and link it to a sword. Which means you CAN find unidentified items.

Posted: March 16th, 2005, 2:05 am

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
heh I win: I posted all this in excruciating detail on SOEs beta boards. Hardly an exploit. But to correct Nazeroth- sorry, no. the link looks like this :/aITEM -123456789 Item Soandso:Item Soandso \/a only the part after the : is editable. If you try editing ANYTHING before the : it wont work. Also, rather than messing with your log files, simply drag the item to you chat bar as if your going to link it in chat, hold shift and the left arrow to highlight the link, hit conrtol X to cut, alt tab to text editor of your choise, and paste. You can of course insert hex color codes at this point as well, which brings up an actualy good use for this all: premaking colored text. rather than type it all in in-game, then back up and insert the escape characters, simply make a fake empty item link and use it to paste your pre-colored text. This is esp handy for complex color schemes- ie color fading text.

A few similar uses: turn log on, and have someone near you /say somthing. Wont work from tells, etc. Now, open your log and find the part where it shows /aPC 12345 Soandso:Soandso \/a. Just as above, you can edit the 2nd part to say whatever you want. So, say sombodys being an !@#$%^&*. /OOC somthing that will garner a lot of tells. in the text, insert this link, and instruct people to click on it to send offers. /aPC 12345 Soandso:Soandso Hey I think your a real !@#$\/a. they click on the link, the player interaction menu pops up- they want to send a tell, so they click on tell, and the target of your attack gets spammed with 'Hey I think your a real !@#$ (whatever the unwitting accomplice typed here)'

a more benign use: if you want someone to send someone else a tell, just insert the link in your text.

Now, for a realy useful one: your running a macro that requires you to interact with a given NPC repeatedly: open a new chat window. Join a channel that you create (so you alone will be in it). Send this and only this channel to the new chat window. Now, with log on, hail the NPC. switch to your log and find thier reply (\aNPC 12345 Soandso:Soandso\/a) Copy the link, and send it to your custom chat window. Now, every time your in range of the NPC, just click on the link (which wont move, since no other text is going to that window) and select what you want to do. This is useful when you want yout macro to click on an NPC, but you can't be certain that a player wont be standing in the way, or- in several places, to interact with NPCs from outside thier building (ie. I never have to actualy go inside the bank to bank in Big Bend).

Oh, and a bonus one: get a decent text editor: UltraEdit or the like. The ascii character 252 (the u with the 2 dots over it in most fonts- umlaut I belive) displays in game as a square with 'obj' in tiny text inside. Very nice for making blocks when you want to make ascii art in game. How to do that? well, hint: line breaks and [TAB] are rendered correctly if pasted into chat. tab is very useful, as it alligns text well without using up characters like spaces do.

Posted: March 16th, 2005, 2:54 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
discoduck (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
heh I win: I posted all this in excruciating detail on SOEs beta boards. Hardly an exploit. But to correct Nazeroth- sorry, no. the link looks like this :/aITEM -123456789 Item Soandso:Item Soandso \/a only the part after the : is editable. If you try editing ANYTHING before the : it wont work. Also, rather than messing with your log files, simply drag the item to you chat bar as if your going to link it in chat, hold shift and the left arrow to highlight the link, hit conrtol X to cut, alt tab to text editor of your choise, and paste. You can of course insert hex color codes at this point as well, which brings up an actualy good use for this all: premaking colored text. rather than type it all in in-game, then back up and insert the escape characters, simply make a fake empty item link and use it to paste your pre-colored text. This is esp handy for complex color schemes- ie color fading text.

A few similar uses: turn log on, and have someone near you /say somthing. Wont work from tells, etc. Now, open your log and find the part where it shows /aPC 12345 Soandso:Soandso \/a. Just as above, you can edit the 2nd part to say whatever you want. So, say sombodys being an TAULT CENSORED. /OOC somthing that will garner a lot of tells. in the text, insert this link, and instruct people to click on it to send offers. /aPC 12345 Soandso:Soandso Hey I think your a real !@#$\/a. they click on the link, the player interaction menu pops up- they want to send a tell, so they click on tell, and the target of your attack gets spammed with 'Hey I think your a real !@#$ (whatever the unwitting accomplice typed here)'

a more benign use: if you want someone to send someone else a tell, just insert the link in your text.

Now, for a realy useful one: your running a macro that requires you to interact with a given NPC repeatedly: open a new chat window. Join a channel that you create (so you alone will be in it). Send this and only this channel to the new chat window. Now, with log on, hail the NPC. switch to your log and find thier reply (\aNPC 12345 Soandso:Soandso\/a) Copy the link, and send it to your custom chat window. Now, every time your in range of the NPC, just click on the link (which wont move, since no other text is going to that window) and select what you want to do. This is useful when you want yout macro to click on an NPC, but you can't be certain that a player wont be standing in the way, or- in several places, to interact with NPCs from outside thier building (ie. I never have to actualy go inside the bank to bank in Big Bend).

Oh, and a bonus one: get a decent text editor: UltraEdit or the like. The ascii character 252 (the u with the 2 dots over it in most fonts- umlaut I belive) displays in game as a square with 'obj' in tiny text inside. Very nice for making blocks when you want to make ascii art in game. How to do that? well, hint: line breaks and [TAB] are rendered correctly if pasted into chat. tab is very useful, as it alligns text well without using up characters like spaces do.

I told you, I tried playing around with it :-P

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online