taultunleashed logoEQ2 Cheat: Detailed Ghosting Exploit : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

EQ2 Cheat: Detailed Ghosting Exploit : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: February 1st, 2005, 9:46 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Posted From pretzel

As I obviously don't know whats already available on the members section, I'll toss a few things in here, I'd think its enough to warrent a membership if anything is, as I doubt any of this is very common knowledge.

The old ghosting trick from EQ1 still works. If your not familiar with it, you pull your cord, run past KOS mobs, and plug it back in. That exploit isn't ground breaking, but used differently can be extremely useful. Entities are controlled by the server in EQ2 (things like doors, clickie objects, etc) which is why zone scripts like nektropos castle work (where one second you wont be able to open a door, but the next you will without actually getting a key item) and when the client and server lose communication, they dissapear.

What this means is if you find a door you want to access, run about 25 seconds away from it, pull your cord, run back.. depending on what kind of entity it is, one of two things will have happened. 1) nothing, 2) the door wont exist! Since it wasen't drawn when you pulled the cord, the server wont have had the opportunity to spawn it, and you can walk right through.

If 1 is the case, you can still pass through the door. Assuming you've been unplugged for about 30 seconds at this point, turn on autorun facing into the door (jump up onto the handle if you can) wait 5-10 more seconds (depends on ISP and network setup) then plug back in. As the server and client re-sync it despawns, then respawns all entities in the zone.. which gives you a brief period of time to pass through the door.

This works on every single locked, or unlocked door in the game that I've found so far. I've personally used it all over the deathfist citadel and nektropos castle. It dosen't always work every time 100% because the time where the door is despawned is very brief, but if you keep at it, you'll get it.

Last edited by Tault_admin on August 25th, 2005, 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: February 1st, 2005, 2:12 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
haha, i like it. Nice find pretzel!

Posted: August 25th, 2005, 1:31 am

amadmonk
amadmonk's Reps:
Is this like the old spawnid hack from EQ1? Anyone found an equivalent with EQ2? It was fun to be able to roam zones completely aggro-free.

Posted: August 31st, 2005, 7:53 pm

tault_pharce
tault_pharce's Reps:
Yeah, I don't think this one works like that any more. They've tightened the chcecks and balances fo character location, as far as I can tell, because I have picked up aggro while trying this trick.

Posted: September 1st, 2005, 1:13 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Well its nerfed now, so moving to the bin.

Last edited by Tault_nazeroth on September 1st, 2005, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: September 1st, 2005, 1:17 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
so nerfed?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online